Walkera 5200mah (Pro-Z-14) test on Phantom 1

HoverMan said:
Thanks. While I hate to carve up the new shell, I don't plan on using p2 batteries in the future. Pretty sure I'd stick to 2 or 1 large 5200/5400 battery. If I could find a good large battery that didn't cost an arm and a leg I'd do that. So far Multistar has been the only reasonably priced one I found. I'm sure there's more out there I just don't know what fits.

Also, I'm trying to find a 4 pin cable to extend the led board. I know it doesn't have to be a 4 pin but does anybody know where I can find this cable? I'd prefer not to home-make it.

Edit: I looked up the Pulse. Think it + a Mad Dog together would be ok to run and would they fit? Hoping it may since you said it was thinner.

If you can find a better 5200-5400mAh option to fit in there please let us know! We've been waiting a while for something like the multistar to come out for just that reason. The Walkera was a potential option but I have the feeling the multistar will be a better option if for no other reason than weight and cost.

You can TRY getting a Pulse and a Maddog 2700 in there together, but it'll still require some carving and probably removal of the P2 battery connector inside. I can get two full maddog 2700's in mine that way, but they're still stuffed very tight, and the cabling starts to be a pain with a parallel setup. One of the reasons I like the single-batt setup is the more efficient cabling.

As for the LED extension cable, I've never seen one for sale, but if you're adverse to crimping or soldering one yourself I could whip you up one easily....I have some leads I can just cut to length and pop on the connector it needs.

OI Photography said:
hedonist222 said:
Ok. I'm relieved now.

I'm going to try the walkera 5300 battery.
Thx

I've had excellent results with the Multistar 5200mAh in my P1.5, but I haven't compared it directly with the Walkera. What does the Walkera weigh?

Sorry. I only saw this now.

Each stock P1 weighs 170 grams.
They weigh 340 grams jointly.
The 5200 walkera weighs 315 if I'm not mistaken.

I'll double check at home.

Yes.
The walkera connector is for walkera products.

They'll have to cut it off & attach the DJI connector.

A 2 minute job.

Those connectors look like my Phantom 1 connectors.

I have a hybrid sytem.

My top half is phantom 1, my bottom is phantom 2.

Still, I needed to quite a bit of shaving on the inside to get it to fit.
Then I put some padding on the inside so that it doesn't bounce around.

Because I had a phantom 1.

Then I wanted to install an h3-3d.

But this part wasn't available locally:

003.jpg

It's necessary for the v1 phantom because the v1 doesn't have an opening on the bottom.

So either you get the spacer pictured above that lowers the h3-3d, giving the 3rd axis room.

Or you swap out the v1 base to a v2 base.

So whats the consensus for the better battery for a phantom with a modded lower battery compartment? The multistar 5200 mah or the Walkera 5200mah? What are you using for the low voltage alarms? thanks for your input...

OI Photography said:
Just finished the first flight test w/the ThunderPower 5400mAh 3S. Data is very rough since it was an initial flight, and I managed to forget to put my batt checker in my pocket before walking outside, so I don't have an exact landing voltage.

Phantom 1.5
AUW 1096g
55F, no wind
1st level final: 10.7
2nd level final 10.6

What could be 1st & 2level flying a bunch of different capacity batteries with different discharge profile (one profile for all of course?
Walkera 5400
Zyppy 2800
Turnigy & DJI 2200

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31