VPS Problems on new firmware ( maybe )

Not got a link, sore the link on a facebook feed which took you over to rc groups. Sorry this upsets you.

Just seen a thread over on rc groups and a comment from Ed stating anyone with a VPS issue should at this point turn it off until we have a solution.

Not sure many regulars have it on anyway but thought i would mention it.

Thanks for the heads up, I have mine on at the moment as it helps with auto takeoff, I will disable until I have read further information.

Ok i will ask for it to be removed by one of the mods, it was just meant to be a little heads up for fellow phantom pilots in case they had problems that's all. Maybe i should have not posted it with out a full link to Ed's comment like you say.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time.

No - this is useful. I have just had a flight plagued with VPS error, land immediately. Last night I had the first full signal loss since getting the P3P although the return to home at 23mph was impressive I would have preferred not to see it.

Do you have the link to the rc groups thread?

The thing was drifting as well as descending and ascending at random. I was about to try another IMU followed by compass calibration but don't think I'll bother now.

I'm not too keen on this firmware. But I wish people stop complaining about firmwares, the camera distortion on the P3 is a real pain so if you see a firmware to fix it you'd install it.

I updated and just had a 20 minute flight inside a warehouse, no issues on my P3A

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks N017RW for showing the link, was busy here with kids and the whole tea time thing to be hunting about for it so thanks. Just an error that has been seen many times before as some will all ready know and easily solved.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Yupper!

No - this is useful. I have just had a flight plagued with VPS error, land immediately. Last night I had the first full signal loss since getting the P3P although the return to home at 23mph was impressive I would have preferred not to see it.

Do you have the link to the rc groups thread?

The thing was drifting as well as descending and ascending at random. I was about to try another IMU followed by compass calibration but don't think I'll bother now.

I'm not too keen on this firmware. But I wish people stop complaining about firmwares, the camera distortion on the P3 is a real pain so if you see a firmware to fix it you'd install it.

I have more or less the same experience with the VPS after the update: heavy drifting and jumping.

I forgot to switch the VPS off again after the firmware update.
It gave me a a scare when I got the Ultrasonic System Error Please land as soon as possible message halfway through my last flight.
My Phantom was 2.5 km offshore flying around a tugboat and as soon as possible wasn't much of an option.
When my heart started beating again i switched off the message and kept flying with no issues - but I disabled VPS as soon as I got back.

Reactions: loganintx
I forgot to switch the VPS off again after the firmware update.
It gave me a a scare when I got the Ultrasonic System Error Please land as soon as possible message halfway through my last flight.
My Phantom was 2.5 km offshore flying around a tugboat and as soon as possible wasn't much of an option.
When my heart started beating again i switched off the message and kept flying with no issues - but I disabled VPS as soon as I got back.
That's some scary stuff right there!! I can lol now but I would have had to change my drawers after getting it back!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

This crap is just hilarious!! Everybody rushing to get a new update, for what?? If there's northing wrong with your aircraft, why update...I'm just saying!!

Ok i will ask for it to be removed by one of the mods, it was just meant to be a little heads up for fellow phantom pilots in case they had problems that's all. Maybe i should have not posted it with out a full link to Ed's comment like you say.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time.
No its still a good post and a heads up warning! If Ed or Blade say it it's worth mentioning!

I'm not upset, I just don't find the post helpful.
Then don't comment???
It didn't need a link, the possible problem was identified and a temporary fix was quoted from a dji tech. That was short and to the point and very valid in my eyes.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, no issues and no issues with VPS on, flew 3 packs, bird handled well. Also noticed warm up was not as long. But who knows, that can all change next time out...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31