Visiting Iceland and Ireland

Reaction score
I am visiting the beautiful countries of Iceland and Ireland in a few weeks. Any advise you can give for flying the P4P in those countries?

I am visiting the beautiful countries of Iceland and Ireland in a few weeks. Any advise you can give for flying the P4P in those countries?
For Iceland, just follow the rules posted on the Icelandic Transport Authority site. You can email [email protected] to see if there are fees required.

ijhhkf28.jpg

Reactions: Daskid
Thought I'd post here rather then start a new thread - I just got back from Iceland, I didn't take a drone because of Wow Air's luggage costs but the main things I noticed about Iceland:

- It's the land of selfie-sticks! No kidding, at any picturesque site you get hoards of people wandering about with selfie sticks

- Quite a few places I visited had 'No Drones' signs up in the car parks or on the fences.

- I saw drones in the air at nearly every interesting place, despite these signs.

- One one tour we stopped at a visitor centre near Vik and watched a short six minute video called 'The Perfect Circle' by a local videographer - it featured plenty of drone and drone lapse and was fabulous, check it out if you're nearby.

Reactions: Daskid
Thought I'd post here rather then start a new thread - I just got back from Iceland, I didn't take a drone because of Wow Air's luggage costs but the main things I noticed about Iceland:

- It's the land of selfie-sticks! No kidding, at any picturesque site you get hoards of people wandering about with selfie sticks

- Quite a few places I visited had 'No Drones' signs up in the car parks or on the fences.

- I saw drones in the air at nearly every interesting place, despite these signs.

- One one tour we stopped at a visitor centre near Vik and watched a short six minute video called 'The Perfect Circle' by a local videographer - it featured plenty of drone and drone lapse and was fabulous, check it out if you're nearby.

That's interesting to hear. I am a few weeks away from my trip and constantly watching Youtube for places to go to. Never in a video they have shown "No Drone" signs. But from what you are saying, people are just ignoring these signs. Have you heard if anybody has been fined because of this violation?

Good thing I don't own any selfie sticks. LOL.

I will definitely check out The Perfect Circle. Thank you for the tip!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen