Vision + won't turn on

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Vision + off of EBay that was advertised as "new in an open box". It appears to be in new condition. However, when I insert a fully charged battery into the compartment and press the power button once and then hold for two seconds, all four green lights come on but nothing happens. I've had a Phantom 1.1 for over a year so I'm not entirely new to this but before I contact the seller I want to ask as see if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.

it should at least blink and make some noise

Nope, nothing but the 4 green lights coming on. If I hold the button a little longer, after I let go of it, it blinks flashing red for a second or two before all lights turning off. But no activity of any kind from the drone.

how about hooking it up to the computer and see if the assistant can see it when you turn it on?

The assistant doesn't see it either. Thanks for the input but I've sent a message to the seller. He's got a 100% rating with over 5,000 transactions so I'll let him decide what's next.

Do you hear a slight "click" when you try to turn it on? Also hold it upside down and see if one of the phantom lights flashes red or yellow. The unit may have a fried esc. Send it back.

It could be broken but I think the start-up sequence is a bit confusing. Try this: press the button in very briefly just until you see battery lights. Instantly release the button, wait just a fraction of a second then press the button again and hold it for 2 or 3 sec. Drone lights and a sound should follow. It took me a few tries to get it right.

rbhamilton said:
It could be broken but I think the start-up sequence is a bit confusing. Try this: press the button in very briefly just until you see battery lights. Instantly release the button, wait just a fraction of a second then press the button again and hold it for 2 or 3 sec. Drone lights and a sound should follow. It took me a few tries to get it right.

That was it. It seems to be a matter of timing/technique. Thanks for your help.

falls out of chair. :eek:

Why the snark? If you don't do the press and hold fast enough the battery lights all come on but nothing else happens. I've been flying a Phantom 1.1 for more than a year so I'm not new to this. If you can get off your smug high horse for a second and go back and read my original question, I merely was asking if there was something wrong with my new Phantom or if I was doing something wrong. The answer turned out to be I was doing something wrong. Sorry.

daverich4 said:
Why the snark? If you don't do the press and hold fast enough the battery lights all come on but nothing else happens. I've been flying a Phantom 1.1 for more than a year so I'm not new to this. If you can get off your smug high horse for a second and go back and read my original question, I merely was asking if there was something wrong with my new Phantom or if I was doing something wrong. The answer turned out to be I was doing something wrong. Sorry.

I rarely say this, so please do uderstand it's complete meaning - it was a joke.
Having said that... dude you need to chill and read your manuals, reading is not as hard as you might think... oh no... he did it again ;)

I just ment that when I read the OP it said that you had the battery on and the lights on the battery were on. so when I kept reading about everyone tell you how to turn on the battery I was thinking you have the battery on. So I fell out of my chair :eek: . I ment no disrespect. I love reading this forum and all I can learn here, so I'm sorry. :|

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl