Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

justin00 said:
Yeah I have a PV2+

I'll do actual video tests fro the phantom and confirm it increases range and works, I suspect it will :).
I was just testing using a wireless analyzer for android.
But just to confirm I am using the tool correctly..... Once I "connect to vision" I can select for e.g 10dbm, then change to 15dbm then change to 5dbm if I wanted..
and I don't need to click save or anything... I just change from the dropdown and it will change in real time, right ?

And thanks for info regarding dashware MMN, What you said was exactly what I was after. I shall not bring it up again :p

Are you using a iOS version app?

Hi ocatcr,

I am seriously considering purchasing this app now that most of the early bugs seem to have been sorted out.

My mind thinks in metric, so feet and miles are difficult for me.

On the DJI Vision App, I am currently running the units in metres.

Question:

1. Will all the data exported in the kml & csv files be in metres or miles?

Thanks

PVZ2 said:
Question:

Thanks
I can tell you with the CSV file you get feet and mph, but loaded into DashWare with the Flytrex Profile you get both standard and metric.

mmn said:
PVZ2 said:
Question:

Thanks
I can tell you with the CSV file you get feet and mph, but loaded into DashWare with the Flytrex Profile you get both standard and metric.

Thanks Mike

Actually as for Standard and Metric are concerned, they will show up based on the Gauge used. So if you load a gauge and see feet only displayed, it will have nothing to do with the app. When using dashware, everyone has the option to edit any gauge to their own personal liking. You will also have the option to create your own gauges.

flyNfrank said:
Actually as for Standard and Metric are concerned, they will show up based on the Gauge used. So if you load a gauge and see feet only displayed, it will have nothing to do with the app. When using dashware, everyone has the option to edit any gauge to their own personal liking. You will also have the option to create your own gauges.

Hi flyNfrank: according to the title of the post you are right (related to Dashware), but since the app produce a kml file, and it's very interesting view 3D flight track on Google Earth, it's important that it will be fixed the problem about kml file and metric units! At least, I hope so ..... ;)

If ocatcr said he would address it, he will do it. We just have to wait for the team to make the revision to the app.

Nah I have a samsung S5.

Still havent had a chance to do any longish range flights to test properly.. **** rain.

ocatcr said:
justin00 said:
Yeah I have a PV2+

I'll do actual video tests fro the phantom and confirm it increases range and works, I suspect it will :).
I was just testing using a wireless analyzer for android.
But just to confirm I am using the tool correctly..... Once I "connect to vision" I can select for e.g 10dbm, then change to 15dbm then change to 5dbm if I wanted..
and I don't need to click save or anything... I just change from the dropdown and it will change in real time, right ?

And thanks for info regarding dashware MMN, What you said was exactly what I was after. I shall not bring it up again :p

Are you using a iOS version app?

Hi,
I don't know if I am off-topic .... but the feel of cooperation that has arisen leads me to propose further developments in the application!

I noticed (strange: I had never heard anything about it ....) P2V+ pictures are georeferenced. It's very useful, specially for technical ed scientific purposes.
But it would be much better if we could log other data related to the picture: altitude (especially when we take photos to mapping areas), heading (the direction in which the photo was taken, very useful during a photographic survey), angle of the camera relative to the ground.

Another useful function directly related to our application would be log the real time of the track points, so as to be able to correlate pictures to track points.

How do you get the installed part of the app off the Phantom?

rrmccabe said:
How do you get the installed part of the app off the Phantom?
Yes it is easy to remove the server programs. There are only two programs installed in your phantom. Official OPENWRT OPKG Package Manager is used to remove the programs so there is no worry about the compatibility problem.

If you are using android version, please do

1. update to the latest android version and run the logger once.
2. ssh to the phantom (IP 192.168.1.1, login : root, pwd : 19881209)
3. type following command to the prompt

opkg remove myser2net; opkg remove vpuweb

4. the server program should be removed.

Thank you :)

Will give that a shot.

One of the main purposes of this app is to sync video and gps track.
Typically syncing needs to have the same event recorded both in the track and in the video.
For example, if the starting point of the video would be recorded (as date/time), and the track data had the same field (date/time), it would be possible exactly sync the two files.

So we need two things:
1. a field in the track data with the real gps time (date/time)
2. the record of the starting point of the video (date/time to compare with the track)

Is it possible, ocatcr?

Thank you very much

Fabiog said:
I don't agree. This app provides logging of tracking data coming out of the Phantom. It knows nothing of video. Granted, one of the things people do with this data is sync it up with video, but there's no time stamp in the recorded video (that I know of) to sync to. And even if there was it would still be a post-processing exercise to sync them up.

I think a native solution could be done where the video recording is sync'd to logged data via the DJI Vision App, but DJI would have to make that happen.

mmn said:
Fabiog said:
I don't agree. This app provides logging of tracking data coming out of the Phantom. It knows nothing of video. Granted, one of the things people do with this data is sync it up with video, but there's no time stamp in the recorded video (that I know of) to sync to. And even if there was it would still be a post-processing exercise to sync them up.

I think a native solution could be done where the video recording is sync'd to logged data via the DJI Vision App, but DJI would have to make that happen.

I think this app could/should fully replace Flytrex: Flytrex automatically syncronize video and track .... Maybe in post-processing, but it is able to do it ...
Why Vision+ Utility cannot generates a waypoint at the time of the video starting? And why cannot record date/time from gps data?
Maybe this is not essential to use flight data in Dashware, but could be very useful in a lot of other cases .....

Best regards
Fabio

Fabiog said:
mmn said:
Fabiog said:

I think this app could/should fully replace Flytrex: Flytrex automatically syncronize video and track .... Maybe in post-processing, but it is able to do it ...
Why Vision+ Utility cannot generates a waypoint at the time of the video starting? And why cannot record date/time from gps data?
Maybe this is not essential to use flight data in Dashware, but could be very useful in a lot of other cases .....

Best regards
Fabio

Hmm, how does flytrex automatically sync the tracks? Somehow I've overlooked that feature?

Lowepg said:
Hmm, how does flytrex automatically sync the tracks? Somehow I've overlooked that feature?

That would be news to me as well.

I am actually using this app and Flytrex both into Dashware on some projects. Then I can have all the data. Best of everything.

I would just switch to this app totally if it did max speed and distance.

I'm pretty sure the flytrex logger currently logs what they call "milliseconds. datetime(local), datetime(utc), Time". However, these are 4 setup values that are calculated using seconds.

Sorry for the mistake about Flytrex sync ...
But the point is another: as Flytrex logs "datetime", I think extracted from gps data, so it will possible for our app.
Once we have a track with datetime we can geotag every item that we know its own datetime.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164