'vision system error'

Reaction score
After 5 minutes or so of flight with my P4 I get a 'vision system error'. I suppose it means the downward looking sensors don't work anymore (or is it the obstacle avoidance?). I can't find anything in the manual.
Does anyone know what could cause this? Remainder of flight and landing (the last meters of which I do in automatic mode) are all OK by the way.

Context: high manual flights (200 up to 400 ft) above fields, hills, mixed foliage, beach.

After 5 minutes or so of flight with my P4 I get a 'vision system error'. I suppose it means the downward looking sensors don't work anymore (or is it the obstacle avoidance?). I can't find anything in the manual.
Does anyone know what could cause this? Remainder of flight and landing (the last meters of which I do in automatic mode) are all OK by the way.

Context: high manual flights (200 up to 400 ft) above fields, hills, mixed foliage, beach.

I have seen this a couple of times, but it always goes away by restarting the drone.

Use the "DJI Assistant 2" application from DJI. This isn't a mobile app, it's an application that runs on your computer. Open Assistant 2 and connect your bird via USB cable.Do a Vision System calibration. That will fix your Vision System error, providing the hardware is functional. Before you do this you should verify that the Vision System cameras have clean class to look through.

I got the Vision System error when my bird was brand new. Calibrating the Vision System worked for me.

Cheers

I have this same problem at the moment, tried recalibration, etc... Did not work, one of the front avoidance sensors I believe. I took it to the shop where I purchased it, where they also do repairs. They could not fix it and suggested I send it back to DJI, they said DJI has a better turn around for individuals than for stores. I will after the new year. I need the drone for a few projects right now. Flies fine, and I don't fly close to anything.

Do you get any error in aircraft Overall Status screen like "Vision System Error (errcode)?
Not sure someone provided these details.

38b3ca510d2f4a5e88595f439ad83ad8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If error started after firmware update DJI does recommend to re-update firmware again with Assistant 2. Otherwise if calibration doesn't work send to DJI for repair as possible hardware issue.

I have this same problem at the moment, tried recalibration, etc... Did not work, one of the front avoidance sensors I believe. I took it to the shop where I purchased it, where they also do repairs. They could not fix it and suggested I send it back to DJI, they said DJI has a better turn around for individuals than for stores. I will after the new year. I need the drone for a few projects right now. Flies fine, and I don't fly close to anything.
Ok, thanks for sharing that. I recalibrated the VPS yesterday... Will try to fly as soon as the weather here clears up. See what happens...

If error started after firmware update DJI does recommend to re-update firmware again with Assistant 2. Otherwise if calibration doesn't work send to DJI for repair as possible hardware issue.

It didn't start after a firmware update, but I will keep it in mind. I recalibrated the VPS and will see what happens next time I fly....

I recalibrated and will try again flying as soon as the weather clears. I 'll keep it in mind...

Use the "DJI Assistant 2" application from DJI. This isn't a mobile app, it's an application that runs on your computer. Open Assistant 2 and connect your bird via USB cable.Do a Vision System calibration. That will fix your Vision System error, providing the hardware is functional. Before you do this you should verify that the Vision System cameras have clean class to look through.

I got the Vision System error when my bird was brand new. Calibrating the Vision System worked for me.

Cheers
I did. Now I m waiting for the weather to clear to try it again in flight and see what happens.

It's to change a module so you get HDMI output connector to get real time video feed on any HDMI device (monitor, googles, etc.).
Flying with googles is just an amazing experience. Or for some work another person can watch at the same time on separate monitor.

Asking the question because some users experienced VPS error messages since installing this board (I know doesn't sound very logical/related..)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I had a light crash. Slight crack in body so I replaced it. Got everything back together and soldered. Had a few issues and I tried starting it up between each disassembly. The fifth time (yes) I put it back together, my right side downward sensor went blind and I got the e0002 error. I found this out by using Assistant 2. When I turned the sensors toward the screen for calibration, I could pass my finger over the camera and saw nothing on the screen. Calibration failed as a result. Is there a cable I may have dislodged? I took apart and I reassembled and everything looks great. Still flies but avoidance system has been automatically disabled I suppose because it won't stop. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I also updated firmware and IMU and all that easy stuff.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31