Vision positioning sensors

Reaction score
I'm trying to re calibrate my VPS's. The forward facing sensors seem to calibrate just fine but when I go to calibrate the downward facing nothing shows up on the screen, the two boxes on the left are grey and I cant go any further with the calibration. How do I tell if my downward facing sensors are bad or not working and if so how do I fix it?

How do I tell if my downward facing sensors are bad or not working and if so how do I fix it?
Just personal opinion, but I leave mine turned off and never use them. To me, they cause more issues during landing than they help. I wouldn't be overly concerned with them, just turn them off. They are especially vulnerable over water. It is advised when doing so to turn them off anyway.

Just personal opinion, but I leave mine turned off and never use them. To me, they cause more issues during landing than they help. I wouldn't be overly concerned with them, just turn them off. They are especially vulnerable over water. It is advised when doing so to turn them off anyway.
Well...I'm getting errors hence the reason for the calibration. I need these off of the screen
FC303D7F-1E40-40D2-B281-CB8D4519051B.png
37BDCD4A-EE3C-46B9-B541-D0C09752F855.png

Well...I'm getting errors hence the reason for the calibration. I need these off of the screen
Then try my suggestion and see if the errors go away. If they do, as I said it is perfectly fine to fly without them, unless you specifically need them for some reason. In that instance it would most likely be a hardware issue with the sensors themselves.

Another thought would be to try a different takeoff point. If you have used this exact spot previously with no errors, then this would be a mute point. But the sensors "could" be confused with the non-linearity of the takeoff point. Try a spot that has little to no differential in ground variation.

Reactions: Fishie
Not 100% positive that this would be able to identify anything, but try pulling the .dat log from the aircraft and share that here. It could very well be a hardware issue as I mentioned, but before going farther with any needed repairs ( If any ), we can take a look at the file and attempt to verify an actual problem that may need that, or another issue that could be corrected. My guess at this point is that the errors are real and there is an issue with the sensors of some sort. If you are un-familiar with the procedure to get the files, I will post a link for you with instructions as to how to do that.

Lol..no...I definitely know how to do that. I've had lots and lots of problems out of this drone since I bought it. Irs just weird how one day it seemed fine, flew great, no problems or harsh landings or anything. The very next day...boom! Popped up and hasn't left the screen since

The very next day...boom! Popped up and hasn't left the screen since
That is quite odd to have numerous issues as you say. I have seen a few of your posts before, but don't recall what the other issues were off the top of my head. Have you had repairs done on the AC previously? Just out of curiosity.

I had exactly the same fault on my P4, with the same error messages, I eventually replaced the sensor board and all returned to normal. It may be just loose connections, especially if you have had a bump, or repairs.

This is my first one that flew away 2 weeks after purchase due to a GPS malfunction. I sent it to DJI for a full analysis after recovering it but they came back with water damaged but it never saw a drop. The day it flew away an11 year old girl found it in their back yard and they immediately brought it inside. I don't think DJI did anything to it or eve did an analysis for that matter the whole thing was pretty disappointing from DJI in my eyes. But since getting it back I've flown low level test flights and it seemed to be okay until yesterday when these errors started popping up

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT