Vision Camera Stabilizer

Just wanted to add an update to this thread (as old as it is) having bought one of the gimbals mentioned from ebay last year ive left the settings as they were as it seemed to work pretty much ok, the only thing that doesnt work right is that the camera goes to the straight down position once the quad powers on, this is owing to the fact that i have the upgraded controller.

Having read this thread i decided to try the settings mentioned by KenW, and im sorry to say that the performance was terrible, lots of roll and shakes leading to unuseable footage, also the gimbal wheel and the app had now reversed so pressing up on the wheel or the app resulted in the camera going down and vice versa.

On the plus side my camera stopped going straight down on startup, so one good thing came out of the experiment.

Needless to say i have switched back the original settings and performance is back to normal.

Im not saying that KenW's settings dont work, they just didnt work for me.

Ive added the following pictures of my settings for anyone else that may be using one. as you can see ive had to make changes in the Phantom assistant as well, this stops the gimbal from going past a level point, i think there is a correlation between the settings in RC min/max angle and the settings in the Phantom software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik