Vision App without Camera/Gimbal

Reaction score
I managed to crash my new P2V+ and wreck the camera/gimbal so I've taken it off while waiting for a replacement.

I expected the Vision app to still operate, but it doesn't. I get no WiFi showing up on my phone. I tried power cycling the P2 and the repeater on the remote control and still no WiFi (yes, WiFi is enabled on my phone).

Is this normal/expected or did my crash perhaps damage something else too?

I crashed because I was hovering about 25 feet above my blacktop driveway and I mistakenly pulled both sticks to the down-middle position and the motors cut off instantly. She fell straight down like a rock, landed right on the legs which apparently bent under the load and smashed the camera, bent the aluminum arm holding it and broke the main board in the gimbal above the camera where the microSD card and cables plug in.

I should add that the unit operates just fine after the crash and since taking off the camera & gimbal except for the ability to use the Vision App.

Take the gimbal apart and just use the top portion that houses the PCB and you will have all telemetry functions, just no camera.

The gimbal main board compiles the telemetry and video data and without it it the Wifi will not be active thus the App cannot "see it"

Hmm why would your motors shut of if you have the sticks in the center/down position? Did you have your motor shut off setting at "Immediately" instead of "Intelligent" ?

Jstic said:
Take the gimbal apart and just use the top portion that houses the PCB and you will have all telemetry functions, just no camera.

most likely won't work since a statement in the OP mentioned that the mainboard of the gimbal got damaged in the crash

Yep - the gimbal arm going down from the main board got shoved into the main board housing so hard that it bent the arm and I can hear parts moving inside of it. It's shot - I can't even access the microSD card via the USB connection.

As for pulling both sticks down and center, like I do to start the motors, while in flight. I have to admit this is the 3rd time I've done it without thinking. Twice on my former FC40 and now once on the V2+ and it always shuts down the motors instantly. I DO have the "Intelligent" option set but that does not apply.

According to the manual and consistent with my unfortunate experience:

"A Combination Stick Command (CSC) is used to start the motors {snip}. Push both sticks to their bottom corners to start the motors." Ref: section 2.1
"Do not execute CSC during normal flight. This will stop the motors and cause the aircraft to drop without control." Ref: section 2.2

I guess it might be useful in an emergency, say if you were flying into a crowd and you wanted to stop the motors urgently, but I wish it wouldn't behave this way. It's cost me $678... Live and learn, the hard way.

Attachments

• IMG_0949 (1).JPG
    IMG_0949 (1).JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0958 (2).JPG
    IMG_0958 (2).JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 442
ahhh ok CSC so your sticks had been in the bottom corners and not down middle as you'd stated in the OP. That's one hell of an extreme maneuver to do in mid air (full yawing rotation at full descend will going full speed sideways and backwards) :)

Yep - I do the opposite to spin/ascend at the same time just for fun and now three times have "forgotten" that the opposite stick maneuver shuts things down... doh!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl