View from space... well nearly...

Reaction score
Today whilst flying from my driveway I just couldn't resist hitting the 1500ft "ceiling"...

It looks like it's a screengrab from Google Earth :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1500ft.jpg
    1500ft.jpg
    719 KB · Views: 1,277
Blah blah blah not safe blah blah funny when you hit a spaceship blah blah blah FAA blah blah blah...

(and yes, I see he's from Shakespeare's birthplace...)

Reactions: claws
What was the total flight time?

In!!!!

Be careful of wind way up there. I'm very cautious flying that high. If there's ANY ground wind, I don't risk it. Conditions up that high can be much worse than on the ground. If you see the legs of your P3 in the camera view when performing slow maneuvers, it's time to get out of the sky fast. One heavy gust can flip you over and then it's a rocket ship into the ground with no hope of recovery.

Reactions: RandyTX
Can't you Flip her back? Watching warhox going through the awesome aerial antics...

Turn up the audio volume!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Isn't that marvelous?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RedHotPoker

simple matter of checking weather. Transport winds are upper level winds which can be very different than ground wind. And remember ground wind is given at 20' above surfaces.

Why wouldn't it right itself and stabilize?
Well, from all the fail videos I've seen of the P2s and possibly P3s (not sure which) going inverted, none recover unless another gust flipped it back. The issue as I see it is unless you can invert the blades or the motor direction there is no way these crafts can over power free fall speeds by spinning blades INTO the fall in an effort to right itself. I just don't think it's possible. Crafts that do must be inverting blades or spinning motors backwards to counter the free fall on one side to flip itself.

Far better than Goooggles Earth, now this is where you want to do Pano shots (while your up there), I'd even stitch them for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.