Videos being posted showing quad flying over crowds-

Great!
Can you refer to courses or groups that do this on a regular basis? Where can I line up? Who is racing locally?
Come on buddy, what are my Options? Educate me???
I don't know where you're from, but in Michigan, Detroit Drones is a popular group who does drone racing. They recently just competed at the Detroit Maker Faire.
There was also a big competition in California- 1st place winning something along the lines of $25,000. In September 2016 there will be a race competition in Hawaii, winner takes $100,000.
Its really easy to use Google. :)

I don't know where you're from, but in Michigan, Detroit Drones is a popular group who does drone racing. They recently just competed at the Detroit Maker Faire.
There was also a big competition in California- 1st place winning something along the lines of $25,000. In September 2016 there will be a race competition in Hawaii, winner takes $100,000.
Ha! You will get no response. So easy to blindly bash people with snarky and clever remarks. You win that money? Hope so.

If you say so Snerd it must be true. You're one of the good ones in my book. But then again I've never written anything anyone really wants to read! LOL. Time for a nap.

There I go stealing your lines. Be well sir.

Thanks, a lot more options and information came up since the last time I googled drone racing. Before the search generated mostly European videos of racing, and vendors that were selling FPV racers. Now google actually brings up info on races and competitions. Would still like to find a local group who races or has a course set up.
I think watching a race would be pretty exciting and far more entertaining than another of my "this is a lake/river/canyon/meadow/beach from an aerial perspective" videos.

Thanks, a lot more options and information came up since the last time I googled drone racing. Before the search generated mostly European videos of racing, and vendors that were selling FPV racers. Now google actually brings up info on races and competitions. Would still like to find a local group who races or has a course set up.
I think watching a race would be pretty exciting and far more entertaining than another of my "this is a lake/river/canyon/meadow/beach from an aerial perspective" videos.
Check out meetup app to help find groups. That's what Detroit Drones uses.

In all honesty, with the amount of idiots I see with these things, I am beginning to like the idea of requiring a test/licensing in order for people to operate these. It will definitely help to weed out the idiots.

Last edited:
I don't think this is legal is it? 2017 Raft Off at Harsens Island Mich. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlIiwfsts04

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj