Videos being posted showing quad flying over crowds-

Reaction score
If you think these videos should be banned, then you really aren't helping those who are advocating for less strict rules with drone flying.
By removing the videos of us flying over crowds, the only videos in the spot light will be the ones we hear about in the news; the ones in the negative light of it hitting someone or something. Just like most of the content on this forum.
For example, people browsing this forum seeking if they want to buy a Phantom are left with topics such as "well it happened to me...", etc. about their Phantom flying into the drink or crashing into something.
But in reality, there are SOOOO many more successful and SAFE flights that we don't see or hear about in fear of the Phantom forum police nay-saying it. I find this really disappointing and it saddens me.
We need to show everyone how safe these devices are or we will just dig our own grave. I'm not saying you should go fly your Phantom over a giant crowd of people, but to express yourself through it. USA members, we're the **** land of the free, are we not? So let's be it!
Keep the video uploading. Keep you bird in the air. Show it off. We don't have to be scared of technology simply because it's new. Let's move forward.
Thanks for reading this. I'm getting turned off of this forum because of all the negative in it about when/where/why people are flying. Pretty sure that's none of your business so sit back, relax, and share some positive things, like your latest video you shot. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Lol

Unfortunately, there are WAY more pilots who THINK they're responsible and capable than actual pilots flying these things.

The very nature of the craft and technology shows that failures are going to occur in the technology itself. Not to mention the pilot believing they are more capable than they actually are.

Resisting the urge to fly over crowds will do but one thing for ALL of us. Show the ignorant populace that we are taking their safety into consideration.

I just don't "get" why so many people insist on flying over others. Makes no sense to me.

We can't give too much credit for the public to think anything. It's like this forum, a lot come to say (as said) "my quad is broken" for whatever reasons or "I luv my quad", personally I believe it's the one in a thousand that take umbridge when they see one, we can't continually react to a media created misconception.

I have worse reactions when people see my orange mazda demio than any quad I'm using on the day. We are in the thick of the forest here in the forum and there are places that are devoid of trees out there :)

If you think these videos should be banned, then you really aren't helping those who are advocating for less strict rules with drone flying.
By removing the videos of us flying over crowds, the only videos in the spot light will be the ones we hear about in the news; the ones in the negative light of it hitting someone or something. Just like most of the content on this forum.
For example, people browsing this forum seeking if they want to buy a Phantom are left with topics such as "well it happened to me...", etc. about their Phantom flying into the drink or crashing into something.
But in reality, there are SOOOO many more successful and SAFE flights that we don't see or hear about in fear of the Phantom forum police nay-saying it. I find this really disappointing and it saddens me.
We need to show everyone how safe these devices are or we will just dig our own grave. I'm not saying you should go fly your Phantom over a giant crowd of people, but to express yourself through it. USA members, we're the **** land of the free, are we not? So let's be it!
Keep the video uploading. Keep you bird in the air. Show it off. We don't have to be scared of technology simply because it's new. Let's move forward.
Thanks for reading this. I'm getting turned off of this forum because of all the negative in it about when/where/why people are flying. Pretty sure that's none of your business so sit back, relax, and share some positive things, like your latest video you shot. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

As these advanced drones come down in price, we will likely see a restriction in laws that corresponds. Simply due to those who're irresponsible and out right flaunting the "system".

Trust me, I "flaunt" the system in some ways. However, flying my camera equipped R/C aircraft isn't typically one of them just due to the attention the media is just salivating for.

I have, on occasion, pushed the limits. You just won't see me making a post about it nor, uploading such to Youtube.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
As these advanced drones come down in price, we will likely see a restriction in laws that corresponds. Simply due to those who're irresponsible and out right flaunting the "system".

Trust me, I "flaunt" the system in some ways. However, flying my camera equipped R/C aircraft isn't typically one of them just due to the attention the media is just salivating for.

I have, on occasion, pushed the limits. You just won't see me making a post about it nor, uploading such to Youtube.
It's like saying that nerf guns should be categorized with actual firearms... stop it please. :)

Reactions: AirApparent
I'm not a YouTube downloader, I bought my P3A for personal enjoyment which in the few days I've had it, I've got. I also fall in the category of inexperienced pilot so empty (or nearly empty ) lots are fine by me for awhile. The few ppl who have noticed me flying had no negative comments. To me regardless if you're experienced or not, we all have to realize while extremely entertaining, they can be dangerous. And not just to mosquitoes which I've crushed in the last few days (evil smile appears)!

It's like saying that nerf guns should be categorized with actual firearms... stop it please. :)

Such comparisons are ridiculous.

These quads have no redundancies, firmware bugs, have documented cases of loss of control and/or falling from the sky. As a falling object, or worse a speeding object with cutting blades, these machines pose a risk, however minor you deem that to be. As such it's common sense not to be flying them over crowds

Pretty sure the crowds have no say at being put at risk in most of these flights, and I don't think it's 'none of their business'.

Fly elsewhere away from people.

These quads have no redundancies, firmware bugs, have documented cases of loss of control and/or falling from the sky. As a falling object, or worse a speeding object with cutting blades, these machines pose a risk, however minor you deem that to be. As such it's common sense not to be flying them over crowds

Pretty sure the crowds have no say at being put at risk in most of these flights, and I don't think it's 'none of their business'.

Totally agree! My Inspire1 fell out of the sky for no reason. If it was over people, that 3kg object with huge blades spinning at 9000rpm falling from 26m could've killed someone. These things are not perfect. Even if you are the most competent pilot, there are no redundancies here. You lose a prop or a motor, you go down. Or in my case, you fly and it just falls from the sky. Keep that in mind every time you fly near people...

Been flying RC planes and copters for years never over a crowd. Anything withe electronics
4585.jpg
or tits can fail you at anytime!

Stop and listen to yourself for a minute.....

Do full size planes and helicopters fly over your house or crowded places? Right. Do I have a say if they fly over my house, no I don't. Do a quick search for planes hitting houses and I can bet you will find more in the past year that killed people or multiple people then any drone accidents since they have been flying.

Now let's stop all the Bull$hit! Cars are more deadly then drones will ever be and I'm sure most of you have walked on a sidewalk next to speeding cars on more then one occasion and had not thought "They shouldn't drive these near people".

Rant over! I'm going outside to fly!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl