videos and photos,

Reaction score
Any help please, ive just been out for the second time with my phantom, took some video and photos, Ive put my micro sd card in my desktop and can retrieve the photos, but it was quite sunny and the photos are very white, can I do anything about that.

Also the videos I recorded in 16.9 image size and 1920 x 1080 60 and in mov video format, but I cant get them to play back on my desktop, should i have recorded them different , or is there a way to view these, thank you, Mick.

Attachments

• phantom 33333.jpg
    phantom 33333.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 343
Get VLC Media Player, it will play almost anything.

For the photos you'll have to work with your settings. Like any digital camera you have control over most settings. You can also turn on the "Overexposure Warning" which will paint overexposed areas which stripes on screen. That will help you work your settings to get the best exposure.

Reactions: mick
If the phographs are white they are overexposed. The camera has an f2.8 lens, fixed aperture so the shutter speeds are always high in bright light. If you take the old calculation that shutter speed is the same as ISO then you would use f22 in very bright conditions which is six stops down or 64 times less light and the equivalent of 1/6400 shutter speed. The shutter can go to 1/8000 which should be just barely enough. Since you have overexposure it must have been exceptionally bright or you may have had some exposure compensation which kept the shutter speed down a little from the required setting. The right hand wheel at the back controls exposure and the EV + or - should display at the top of the screen.

Failure of videos to play may mean that you don't have suitable software on your computer. You should be able to search the internet for a suitable program to download. The files are described as "QuickTimeMovie" which suggests that you may already have that program and it is associated with the file type so it should work.

Thanks jlo, ive downloaded VLC and the video is playing now, but it is very white, do you recommend anything for that?

thanks dhaslam, just saw your post, i will go out and try again

To start with leave the photo and video settings in auto, but pay attention to the blue ev value on the screen because you still need to adjust that by turning the dial on the right side of the controller.
The basic setting is zero but if for example it was near sunset and you wanted to keep the darker look maybe adjust it down a bit or it will try to make the scene daytime bright.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31