Video unavailable

• Thread starter Deleted member 108945
  • Start date
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

- Puente Viesgo, located 28.5 km from the Cantabrian capital (Santander - Spain) and at the beginning of the middle-low course of the Pas river. The village extends around the gorge that the river traces, where it is boxed to save the geographical accident, which facilitated the construction of a bridge that gave rise to the population.

Its extraordinary tourist resources such as its prehistoric caves, declared World Heritage by UNESCO; its medicinal and thermal mineral waters; the Green Route (an old abandoned railroad line) as well as its salmon wells, have made Puente Viesgo an enclave of singular importance and reference in the Pas Valley. The town was awarded the Pueblo de Cantabria prize in 2007

- El Bolao. That a stream cascades falls into the sea is a difficult spectacle to see in Spain but not impossible. In Cantabria, in the municipality of Alfoz de Lloredo, a small stream known as arroyo de la Presa falls vertiginously into the Cantabrian Sea between staggered pools that mix with the sea water.

The place is difficult to describe because to this spectacle of nature you have to add a virgin coast covered with huge meadows with spectacular cantilevered cliffs.

The wooden structures for the traditional extraction of seaweed and the ruins of an abandoned flour mill give a touch of mystery to this corner of Cantabria that has left me with my mouth open.

- Puerto Calderón is off any route, between Ubiarco and Novales. In addition to the sea, wind and waves, it brings together villages and palaces in the same setting, hermitages among green meadows where cows and horses graze; the smell of hay and dung; wide skies and an uncountable number of seagulls.

Its history is ancient. According to oral tradition it dates back to the Romans, who did populate nearby Santillana del Mar. During the Middle Ages it served to supply Santillana's Asturias and later, in the first half of the 20th century, it was a loading point for zinc from the mines that the Asturian company exploited in the surrounding area. Finally, during the Second World War it served as a refuge and supply point for German submarines, the fearsome 'U-boats' that operated in the Bay of Biscay.
Amazing work! That landscape is beautiful.

Awe inspiring. My mouth dropped open. You did an excellent work on this video. Or the place was so beautiful, you couldn't mess it up. LOL

Everything is susceptible to being messed up so I guess I should consider your comments on the positive side. Thanks!!

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Nice video

Beautiful PLACE. Beautiful job.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Yes, Cantabria is a beautiful region. There's a lot of places similar to those shown on the video.

Thanks!!