Video transects

Reaction score
Anyone know of an app or approach for doing video transects, like the same kind of transects done by Map PIlot or Drone Deploy but done using video instead of static photos? I think in many situations doing video transects with the same amount of sidelap as a photo mission could be very useful for project review, Full Motion Video, etc.

Ideally would be looking for an app that lets you define a polygon area and makes the transects automatically for you, but lets you capture video instead of photos. I am open to other approach such as automating video transect flight paths using waypoints, etc.

Thanks for any leads.

Last edited:
Ideally would be looking for an app that lets you define a polygon area and makes the transects automatically for you, but lets you capture video instead of photos. I am open to other approach such as automating video transect flight paths using waypoints, etc.
I haven't run into any that will plot a series of parallel strips like DroneDeploy does.
I suspect you would have to use Litchi with which you could easily plot the transects yourself.

doing video transects
It's a bit of a manual process, but the Waypoint Flight Mission in GS Pro allows you to shoot video as it moves between waypoints. You'll have to setup the grid yourself, but it might get you what you want.

Reactions: BSMDBT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj