Video to Oculus rift

Not possible without a PC plugged between goggles and video receiver. For getting displayed by the Rift or similar goggles the video image must be doubled after frame grabbing, one part for the left and the other part for the right eye, then both image parts need to be distorted for compensating the lens distortion and finally must be output by HDMI interface to the Rift.
So, better forget that for fpv.

Same is true if someone intends to use the special goggles from Google, Samsung or Zeiss which work in co-operation with a smartphone.

Regards, Gerd

GerdS said:
Not possible without a PC plugged between goggles and video receiver. For getting displayed by the Rift or similar goggles the video image must be doubled after frame grabbing, one part for the left and the other part for the right eye, then both image parts need to be distorted for compensating the lens distortion and finally must be output by HDMI interface to the Rift.
So, better forget that for fpv.

Same is true if someone intends to use the special goggles from Google, Samsung or Zeiss which work in co-operation with a smartphone.

Regards, Gerd

What you're talking about is stereoscopic 3d which doesn't require USB Host from a PC. Yes , you're right that I need a PC to power the Oculus rift which I plan on doing with a USB power pack on the field. I'm currently using a cinimizer no problems the field.

You will need to compensate for the fact that the Rift uses one panel for both eyes and also uses fish eye lenses, so GerdS is entirely correct.

The input to the Rift is DVI only, so you will need to derive a suitable signal from your FPV. Quite hard unless you have a Lightbridge with HDMI output!

noiseboy72 said:
You will need to compensate for the fact that the Rift uses one panel for both eyes and also uses fish eye lenses, so GerdS is entirely correct.

The input to the Rift is DVI only, so you will need to derive a suitable signal from your FPV. Quite hard unless you have a Lightbridge with HDMI output!
I've the DK2 the one with hdmi in and I also have lightbridge. So just plugging it in won't work?

Just read the previous post carefully. If you will connect the Rift to a lightbridge you will see the left half of the image on the left eye and the right part of the image on the right eye. And in addition these partly images will be distorted. Be sure that will not work!

Regards, Gerd

GerdS said:
Just read the previous post carefully. If you will connect the Rift to a lightbridge you will see the left half of the image on the left eye and the right part of the image on the right eye. And in addition these partly images will be distorted. Be sure that will not work!

Regards, Gerd

Thanks , I should've read it more carefully. It adds up now

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj