Video Signal Loss

Reaction score
I tend to lose video signal when flying line of sight at a distance of about 1/2 mile. HD feed is on 2.4. Is this normal distance to lose the feed? Thanks in advance for any information.

I've had no issues with the video signal loss on the P4P and have been about 1/2 mile with it. At work, there is one end of the campus that makes me have video "greenies" and dropouts on every single flight, even 100 feet or less away from the bird. So there are just some areas with high RF interference.

So is it consistent on your 1/2 mile range drop in multiple locations, or is it just one area where you fly?

I've had my P4P out 1750 meters (a little over a mile) with still strong signal and no dropouts. This was in a very low RF congestion area though.
1750m-out.jpg

I tend to lose video signal when flying line of sight at a distance of about 1/2 mile. HD feed is on 2.4. Is this normal distance to lose the feed? Thanks in advance for any information.
Try different trans channel ,mayby manual channel setting work better than auto,getting lot of interference off something

Reactions: PaulSouthport
Interference most likely. Go out in the middle of nowhere and do a distance test - that'll let you know if it's the area or the bird.

This photo was taken well over a half mile away with my refurbished P4P. I also recently updated the new firmware with no problems. Very lucky. I also have stunning videos at this location. To large to upload. Area is located in the Catskill Mountains of New York.

Attachments

• DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 333
Reactions: Anthnyslzr7
Go to imgur, open a free account, upload as much as you'd like, then link anywhere you'd like. The pictures will show up just like as if you've uploaded them.

Last edited:
My .02
Invest in a $14.00 pair of parabolic reflectors...they focus the signal and increase signal strength. I can speak from personal experience.

Took this shot about twenty minutes ago. Check those clouds. Couldn't resist.

Attachments

• DJI_0021.JPG
    DJI_0021.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 352
I take it you live on the east coast? I was out taking pictures too. Similar sky. First pic is tonight, the rest are just a dump of recent pics. Not the spot for them, I know, but oh well ;) These are all from the P4 original and I think maybe 1 or 2 are edited - all the rest are raw from the P4 using a #16 ND filter.

B718igXl.jpg

0iMYEQil.jpg

YPejETZl.jpg

05vWtxhl.jpg

9ATWhWwl.jpg

FOymeuhl.jpg

New York from Central Jersey:

6OKstEol.jpg

lSSGOUfl.jpg

afTZdWwl.jpg

58NfL49l.jpg

caPukvOl.jpg