Video signal disconnect in flight

Reaction score
Hello,
I have had my P3 for a while now and have been able to fly it to near not being able to see it without issue.

The last two times out however when i get above 200 feet my video signal has cut off, and i no longer can see what is on the camera.

Luckily i still have control of the drone, so i am not losing the controls signal.

I am not able to get signal back without landing and restarting everything.

Any ideas what to check that could be causing this?

Thanks!!

Hello,
I have had my P3 for a while now and have been able to fly it to near not being able to see it without issue.

The last two times out however when i get above 200 feet my video signal has cut off, and i no longer can see what is on the camera.

Luckily i still have control of the drone, so i am not losing the controls signal.

I am not able to get signal back without landing and restarting everything.

Any ideas what to check that could be causing this?

Thanks!!
Could be a number of things. Remember the video is wi-fi and the antenna panels are located inside the controller. Be sure to keep the controller aimed at the AC. Also, be sure to keep the AC out in front of you vs. over-head.

Other wi-fi in the area can also interfere so try another location if you can. But the fact that the video doesn't return without a restart makes me wonder if it's something to do with your device. Are you caching video to your device? If so, try turning that off.

Lastly, if you can, the next time you lose video just before you land let the AC hover safely while you tap your wi-fi settings to see if the RC is still connected to your mobile device

Could be a number of things. Remember the video is wi-fi and the antenna panels are located inside the controller. Be sure to keep the controller aimed at the AC. Also, be sure to keep the AC out in front of you vs. over-head.

Other wi-fi in the area can also interfere so try another location if you can. But the fact that the video doesn't return without a restart makes me wonder if it's something to do with your device. Are you caching video to your device? If so, try turning that off.

Lastly, if you can, the next time you lose video just before you land let the AC hover safely while you tap your wi-fi settings to see if the RC is still connected to your mobile device

Thank you for the reply.
I think I did turn on video caching - I will have to turn that off. Is that a known issue? I was able to see that my connection was still active in wifi settings, so I am not losing connection at all that way.

Thank you for the reply.
I think I did turn on video caching - I will have to turn that off. Is that a known issue? I was able to see that my connection was still active in wifi settings, so I am not losing connection at all that way.
I don't know if caching would cause the video to cut out, however, I do know it will place a load on resources.

Reactions: RodPad
I don't know if caching would cause the video to cut out, however, I do know it will place a load on resources.

One additional thing, the guy who I got the drone from had added on the extender antennas to the controller. I do notice that no matter where I fly it, I get the warning of possible interference (I assume from those add on antennas?)

One additional thing, the guy who I got the drone from had added on the extender antennas to the controller. I do notice that no matter where I fly it, I get the warning of possible interference (I assume from those add on antennas?)
I'm never heard of any of the various range extenders causing interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna