Video/Photo cache to SD card for P4P+ controller

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just bought my first DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and would like to know how I can use my 128GB micro SD card to store the video cache on the Pro Plus Controller.

I have had a search around on the controller and the forums and can not find how to change this to the Micro SD card.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hal

Not 100% certain, but from what I understand. The SD card slot on the controller is a "Reader" only and not writable. The slot is used for firmware updates and to view files from the aircraft SD card.

I recall seeing that option some where in the app settings, but can't remember exactly where. From what I remember, the process isn't as straightforward as it sounds because the cache gets stored in a folder at the root directory of the SD card, and you may or may not be able to find it easily, but have at it. Good luck.

Update: Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Thought you were looking to store the video cache on the SD card in the Phantom. Never mind. Carry on.

Reactions: Hallamnet
I have a feeling what I want to do is not going to happen unless dji release an update to allow the Go4 app to be installed on to the SD card or update the app to be able to save to the SD card. I have searched high and low and cannot find the answer. I will E-Mail DJI tomorrow and see if they can give me a clue. Thanks guys for the replies anyways and I will try and keep you updated when support gets back to me.

I have the plus as well. My understanding has always been that the micro sd slot on the controller was for updating the controller firmware.
But I'll check next time I fly and see if I can access it for other purposes.

Inserting a SD in the controller has come in handy on the day I forgot to put a card in the bird. :)

Thanks for the replies people. After a lot more searching and a lot more flights, looks like it is not possible at all. It would be good to be able to use the memory card as the video and photo cache but it looks like this will only be available if DJI decide to write it in a future update. they do.

That's odd. The manual says the slot can read. I believe you though.

Also as a newbie P4P+ owner user the area of controller photo video and SD card usage seems very poorly covered. It would make Total sense to be able to use the SD card to hold 'user data' i.e. locally (controller) held images and cache. Also to provide a sensible user data file management tool. The App only allowing to delete 20 images from the album at a time, not being able to move them from controller internal memory to the SD card does seem rather immature.

DJI, surely there is considerable scope for improvement around this ?

S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga