Video not so smooth

Reaction score
My video is not so smooth as I expected. Am I panning the camera too fast or is there something else wrong? Video is 4K/25 FPS.

edit: video link removed because filesize.
edit2: i'm doing 1080-50fps now. Works a lot better.

Last edited:
Yeah, try shooting either 30fps or 60fps

I have only 24/25FPS in 4K and 24/25/50 in FullHD (Both PAL and NTSC). Or how can I get 60FPS?
But when I shoot in 50/60FPS, Vimeo reduce the video to 30FPS. So I'm doing it for nothing?

I have only 24/25FPS in 4K and 24/25/50 in FullHD (Both PAL and NTSC). Or how can I get 60FPS?
But when I shoot in 50/60FPS, Vimeo reduce the video to 30FPS. So I'm doing it for nothing?

You're right, just looked at my settings, I was shooting in 4k at 24fps yesterday and my footage didn't look choppy like that. Could be something else? Then again, are you using a 4k screen to watch it? That could also be why it looks choppy during playback.

Hmm. no idea. Use a FullHD screen, specs: i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 850M.

this is the reason im getting the advance model hardly anything supports 4k and your spending that extra money for no real reason!! what is the point in getting 4k then shooting in 1080p??

Reactions: Pumpfixer
You need a 4k display to run the video smoothly.I have a hdd which plugs directly into my 4k tv, my laptop with i7 cannot run it.

Ah okay. Some people has the argument that resizing from 4K to 1080p gives a better quality than 1080p directly from the camera. Any opinions on that?

The following video is long -- but, it discusses how to setup the camera settings to ensure the video is smooth.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Bigdz
Ah okay. Some people has the argument that resizing from 4K to 1080p gives a better quality than 1080p directly from the camera. Any opinions on that?

I sincerely doubt there will be much discernable difference, certainty nothing that would impact storytelling in any way. I down scaled 4k footage from my 4k Action Cam and, well, it looked like 1080p. Certainly not worth the extra processing effort.

I think frame rate has more impact here than resolution.

I watched the video above and tried all the video settings and created (right-click --> save as) this example video file (1080p 50FPS, PAL, Auto 50/60Hz), but is not so smooth at this video on Youtube at all. In my video there is a noticeable stutter (from 00:20 and further) of the video (even when I pan the camera very slow)... Anyone can explain?

I'm playing with this after converting... Off to work

http://video-help.over-blog.com/2015/03/convert-and-upload-h-265-hevc-to-youtube.html

Which settings do you use at your P3P? PAL or NTSC / 50 or 60 fps and 50/60/auto Hz?
My video is stuttering right off camera.. without editing anything...

The best video by far your going to get for your monitor and most web video hosting sites is to shoot in 4K then downsample it to 1080p in post. Unless you have a monster PC with a 4K monitor I think this is your best bet. The average PC today can't handle 4K footage and looks jumpy with a lot of frame drops. Most of the time it's the hardware and not the video file.

Explained here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I understand. But why stutters the video when i record in full hd and 50fps? So akward.

Live in Europe, but some guys said you must set it to ntsc because of the higher fps. Quality is the same?

this is the reason im getting the advance model hardly anything supports 4k and your spending that extra money for no real reason!! what is the point in getting 4k then shooting in 1080p??
You get better color reproduction with 4k even when you're watching it in 1080p - that's why I went with the Professional Model. The video quality is simply better at any resolution when it's filmed in 4k initially - there is just more information captured.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic