Video link loss and choppy video

My P3S transmitter doesn't have any buttons, there is no way it can hold my iPad mini, I'm going with that bracket that someone was nice to share

Your unit was definitely bad, sending it back was the best choice!

My P3S transmitter doesn't have any buttons, there is no way it can hold my iPad mini, I'm going with that bracket that someone was nice to share
First thing I got rid of was that plastic holder arm as it made my mini flop when I added a holder to mine which is like on all
the P2's .No problem to get DJI Phantom 2 Vision Phone Holder P2V-18 P2V18 Quad Drone FPV Vision+ Plus .Lots of places have them .
Then what I added to that was this before I did the Inspire tablet holder mod 7 Inch iPad Sun Hood Shade Black w/ Mount for DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Inspire 1 That's the 7" but make a 10" also .
I don't know why DJI went with that plastic arm . Just cutting cost I guess .
There are many more options if you will use the search in my signature and type in the middle Tablet holders you will see lot's of ways we been doing it :)

I don't know why DJI went with that plastic arm . Just cutting cost I guess .

I thought they went to plastic because they moved the WI-FI to the inside of the remote.

You get any grief from whom you bought it sending it back Den ?

Well....before I answer that, there's a little more information I should give. I'm a ham radio and electronics guy from way back, and I deal with a fair chunk of electrical/electronic systems in my job. I think it would be safe to say that I have a better understanding for how radio works than the average Joe off the street. I pulled every trick I know to try and get the bird to improve it's hearing without modifying it.

The place I bought it from was here in Alberta where I live - Aerial Tech (aerialtech.com) - and I can't say enough good things about their customer service. Spectacular would be an understatement. I worked pretty closely with them to try and get to the bottom of the issue, and I think they were just as interested as I was. I kind of went above and beyond to try and make it work, rather than just giving up on it after the first flight. That included in town (Edmonton Alberta) testing, as well as a few trips out of town. The last place I took it was our shooting range, which is about an hour drive west to get minimal RF interference. All that being said, they were willing to take the unit back....sort of an exchange actually. They are the ones I ordered the advanced from. It should be here tomorrow or Friday.

In actual fact, all transceivers are a little different from each other. No two come off the line exactly the same. That's just the reality of manufacturing devices like this. One example is my Yaesu FT950 ham radio. A buddy of mine bought one just about the same time I did. He thought mine sounded a lot better than his. We took them to our club one night to do a comparison using the same antenna. In deed, there was a noticeable difference in the receive on mine vs. his. Unfortunately, my Phantom standard just happened to be one of those radio setups that was a little more deaf than most. I was almost like there was a pre-amp in there that wasn't working. I don't even know if they use one or not. Without opening it up and doing some testing, it just wasn't going to get better. I wasn't about to get into it deep on a brand new product.

I'm really looking forward to getting a properly working unit.....why ? (besides the obvious).....I want to mess with it internally. I've built more than a few antennas in my day, and I'm really looking forward to messing with it. These units work on frequency lengths that are so short, you can build full wave resonant antennas for them with a minimum of materials and room to work. With stuff like this, I'm typically just as interested in the electronic systems as I am in flying them. I've got a 36" lathe, a vertical knee mill, a Miller 210 dual tank welder with the spool gun for aluminum and stainless, a 24" box/pan metal brake, and a slip roller in the garage (I'm officially a millwright by trade, but do a lot more with heavy equipment).....fabricating from scratch is kind of my thing.

Once I get my hands on the advanced, I'll do a review of it as a stock unit. Then we can really start seeing what it's capable of with a few mods. :)

Cheers guys.
Den....

Edit: I should make note that other than the low range issue, the rest of the standard worked perfectly. Clear video, rock steady in the air, and sensitive on the controls. If it wasn't for the low range issue, I'd be dancing in the streets singing the praises of this unit.

I thought they went to plastic because they moved the WI-FI to the inside of the remote.
That piece really didn't have anything to do with the extender . I did try and just put this holder on the stock plastic phone holder but with my
Mini it wasn't stiff enough . This holder just screw's to the nut . 2.jpg P2V TX

Well....before I answer that, there's a little more information I should give. I'm a ham radio and electronics guy from way back, and I deal with a fair chunk of electrical/electronic systems in my job. I think it would be safe to say that I have a better understanding for how radio works than the average Joe off the street. I pulled every trick I know to try and get the bird to improve it's hearing without modifying it.

The place I bought it from was here in Alberta where I live - Aerial Tech (aerialtech.com) - and I can't say enough good things about their customer service. Spectacular would be an understatement. I worked pretty closely with them to try and get to the bottom of the issue, and I think they were just as interested as I was. I kind of went above and beyond to try and make it work, rather than just giving up on it after the first flight. That included in town (Edmonton Alberta) testing, as well as a few trips out of town. The last place I took it was our shooting range, which is about an hour drive west to get minimal RF interference. All that being said, they were willing to take the unit back....sort of an exchange actually. They are the ones I ordered the advanced from. It should be here tomorrow or Friday.

In actual fact, all transceivers are a little different from each other. No two come off the line exactly the same. That's just the reality of manufacturing devices like this. One example is my Yaesu FT950 ham radio. A buddy of mine bought one just about the same time I did. He thought mine sounded a lot better than his. We took them to our club one night to do a comparison using the same antenna. In deed, there was a noticeable difference in the receive on mine vs. his. Unfortunately, my Phantom standard just happened to be one of those radio setups that was a little more deaf than most. I was almost like there was a pre-amp in there that wasn't working. I don't even know if they use one or not. Without opening it up and doing some testing, it just wasn't going to get better. I wasn't about to get into it deep on a brand new product.

I'm really looking forward to getting a properly working unit.....why ? (besides the obvious).....I want to mess with it internally. I've built more than a few antennas in my day, and I'm really looking forward to messing with it. These units work on frequency lengths that are so short, you can build full wave resonant antennas for them with a minimum of materials and room to work. With stuff like this, I'm typically just as interested in the electronic systems as I am in flying them. I've got a 36" lathe, a vertical knee mill, a Miller 210 dual tank welder with the spool gun for aluminum and stainless, a 24" box/pan metal brake, and a slip roller in the garage (I'm officially a millwright by trade, but do a lot more with heavy equipment).....fabricating from scratch is kind of my thing.

Once I get my hands on the advanced, I'll do a review of it as a stock unit. Then we can really start seeing what it's capable of with a few mods. :)

Cheers guys.
Den....

Edit: I should make note that other than the low range issue, the rest of the standard worked perfectly. Clear video, rock steady in the air, and sensitive on the controls. If it wasn't for the low range issue, I'd be dancing in the streets singing the praises of this unit.
Well it sound's like you got it going on and look forward to seeing what you can come up with !
Was just wondering if you had any issue's as I see so many here do changing it out .
Is great you have a place there that will work with you :)
Here where I'm at we have no hobby shops to deal with . Is all online and is why I asked .
I do agree no 2 quads are the same .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20