Video is black after upgrade

We have had a few people with this same issue. It has been resolved in two cases by replacing the WiFi module inside of the Phantom. Telemetry works, photos/videos are still taken, but there is no video feed.

So here's the latest. DJI told me to sent it to their LA office. I did - it arrived on August 25. It sat in limbo until September 19 when it was finally checked in and placed into the repair queue. I called on 9/25, since they have not responded to two inquiries via their repair ticket system - their preferred communication method. I was told that it is in queue, and there was no more information.

So...by the time all is said and done, they will have if for two months or more. Totally unacceptable. Bottom line - be wary of DJI as while the project is awesome, if there is an issue, you will have laid out a ton of money to not actually have anything in your hands for a really, really long time.

Overdue update - I got my Phantom back from DJI after seven - yes - seven weeks. They determined the WiFi unit in the bird was bad and replaced it - I'm back in the air with no more issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic