Video editing

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an easy to use cheap or even better free editing software program for windows 8. I have tried movie maker but it seems to degrade the quality!
All I want to do is title, cut out some bits to make it shorter and maybe add some music.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: amarquart
I use Vegas Studio 13 it's like $75 and supports 4k - there are lots of Youtube videos out there to get yourself familiar with how to edit.

Blackmagic davinci resolve

Reactions: KCAlabanza
I use Sony Movie Studio 13 (as recommended by Ian H). I've used Vegas Pro for years but switched to the cheaper and simpler Movie Studio but it's extremely capable and there are no features from the Pro product that I miss. I highly recommend it.

Another vote for Vegas.

Downloaded the Go pro software and it looks idiot proof so I should get the hang of it but it doesn't seem to let you clip the video unless it is from a go pro camera!
Am I missing something?

Reactions: Kootenay
Downloaded the Go pro software and it looks idiot proof so I should get the hang of it but it doesn't seem to let you clip the video unless it is from a go pro camera!
Am I missing something?
You have to run it through the conversion and then you can clip away. Watch an online tutorial on it. I haven't used it much but it'll do what you want.

I saw a really great drone vid the other day where the author used some kind of feature where the text he put on the screen moved along with the subject matter in the video. I REALLY like that ability. Which of the common Windows video editors can do something like that?

Here's the video I'm talking about. The text feature is in the first shot.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw a really great drone vid the other day where the author used some kind of feature where the text he put on the screen moved along with the subject matter in the video. I REALLY like that ability. Which of the common Windows video editors can do something like that?

Here's the video I'm talking about. The text feature is in the first shot.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Adobe After Effects CC has a simple yet very effective tracking tool for this, I have been doing it recently, coupled with Adobe Premiere Pro the options are limitless - Adam

Reactions: ctp

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31