Video editing program or app

Great question, I was just about to ask the same thing !

Additionally, I can get the video from the sd card and transfer to the PC, is there a way to take the movie from the PC to an IPAD ?
You don't need to purchase that $30.00 gizmo. I have used those they are glitchy at best.. A better alternative would be to purchase a player that allows you to just drop the video on your iPad. It's what I do. It is much faster than working with those glitchy devices..

I use AZul... Pretty much lets you play any type video on your iPad without converting.. So you can use it for many file formats that aren't supported by Apple.

Azul Media Player - Video player for your iPad/iPhone

I think it's like 3 bucks..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Adobe Premiere is affordable to buy turnkey or you can buy the creative cloud service for a monthly fee.. I use every App Adobe has on there cloud service photoshop, Lightroom, etc. $29 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Okay, so its now playing in iTunes. How do I get it into imovie in order to edit it?
I don't know what the other guy is wanting you to do, seems like a lot of steps. If you have it saved in a folder on your Mac, you can select import in iMovie and browse to that folder. Really easy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Energy Guy
I use final cut pro, there are so many great plugins and videos on how to use the software. Pricey I know but I like it. Also keep your clips to like 10 secs each and if it's a really long one use the speed up feature of 200x. I use that a lot to give the user the full run but go faster. Also get copyright free music to really jazz things up.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Energy Guy
Highly recommend Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 for the following reasons:
  • Only $50 for the download version
  • Free 30-day trial
  • Can input from and output to all of the common formats
  • Easy to learn (tons of beginner tutorials on Youtube)
  • Can edit and output 2.7k without requiring a $2,000 computer system. It can use a video proxy to duplicate your 2.7k video into a low-quality file used for editing then replace it with the high-res version for the final product.
  • You can easily graduate into more professional versions (i.e. Sony Vegas) later because it uses the same UI and infrastructure.
I spent a month researching all the options out there and I've been very happy with it.

Best of luck!

I use iMovie on a Macbook Pro. I pop the sd card adapter into the card slot and import the files directly from there. I keep all the raw footage on a Buffalo 2TB usb backup hard drive so I don't use up my whole hard drive. I find it's pretty easy to edit, add audio, scene transitions, and titles. The nice feature of adjusting speed and timing is very helpful in making videos worth watching. An example:

Reactions: Fisherking and SGs
Nice I grew up down there. Ruined a whole weekend of footage because of my settings being jacked up.

Thanks for your advice. I think it was my lack of knowledge of how to import the files into iMovie
that was the problem. Seems to be working now.

Does anyone use the Powerdirector mobile app for Android? It won't accept the 720 or 1080 files that I've shot on my P3S. Is there a way of converting them to an acceptable format?
And another quick question; if I format the sd card do I have to reinstall the firmware?

Does anyone use the Powerdirector mobile app for Android? It won't accept the 720 or 1080 files that I've shot on my P3S. Is there a way of converting them to an acceptable format?
And another quick question; if I format the sd card do I have to reinstall the firmware?
1. Use handbrake to convert. Are you using mov? Switch to mp4.
2. No, on reinstalling firmware.

I use iMovie on a Macbook Pro. I pop the sd card adapter into the card slot and import the files directly from there. I keep all the raw footage on a Buffalo 2TB usb backup hard drive so I don't use up my whole hard drive. I find it's pretty easy to edit, add audio, scene transitions, and titles. The nice feature of adjusting speed and timing is very helpful in making videos worth watching. An example:
This video is great what unit do ylu fly and what settings do you run ?

Gigastone Photo Fast Max 32GB Lightning-to-USB 3.0 Flash Drive - White

Not the answer to everything, but very handy when not at your desk. I bought two on a heck of a sale. I use two iPads for droning, one with GPS, and an older one without. No USB port on iPads sort of limits the output options. These $30 gizmos work just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.