Video Captions not working, & quality shortcomings any ideas please?

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the best out of the video on my P4 to go with what my Sony HDR GW77V camcorder delivers (this too is a fantastic little piece of kit, and waterproof, it's video records in 1920 x 1080 and is really clear, also has 20,4 m pix stills and fits in your shirt pocket). However as yet I can't get the P4 video anywhere near the quality of this little cam.

As more info is always a help I've tried to get the Video Caption on the footage from the P4 but alas even though it is switched on it is not on the video recording. Am I misunderstanding this somewhere?

Also if I set my P4 to record in a similar resolution to the camcorder should they not both look at least of similar quality?

I've also tried uping the res on the P4 but transferring the both after they have been edited together and put on DVD the P4 quality is much poorer than that if the camcorder (it has a similar size sensor).

Scratching my head a bit, gonna loose the little hair I've got left!

I'm trying to get the best out of the video on my P4 to go with what my Sony HDR GW77V camcorder delivers (this too is a fantastic little piece of kit, and waterproof, it's video records in 1920 x 1080 and is really clear, also has 20,4 m pix stills and fits in your shirt pocket). However as yet I can't get the P4 video anywhere near the quality of this little cam.

As more info is always a help I've tried to get the Video Caption on the footage from the P4 but alas even though it is switched on it is not on the video recording. Am I misunderstanding this somewhere?

Also if I set my P4 to record in a similar resolution to the camcorder should they not both look at least of similar quality?

I've also tried uping the res on the P4 but transferring the both after they have been edited together and put on DVD the P4 quality is much poorer than that if the camcorder (it has a similar size sensor).

Scratching my head a bit, gonna loose the little hair I've got left!
irt captions, they aren't burned in. There's a separate .srt file created w/ the video. It needs to be included in the same location as your video when you go to play it... and of course, the app you use to play it needs to support subtitle files... something like VLC will do the trick.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4