Video Caption GPS Coordinates - What's the third value?

Reaction score
I fly a phantom 3 standard. I've enabled video captions and get the resulting .SRT file. I understand everything in it with the exception of the third value of the GPS coordinates. I've searched this website and the internet in general in vain.

I suspect this third value in the number of satellites the GPS sees. Can anyone confirm my suspicion, or tell me what this value really represents?

Thanks...

I fly a phantom 3 standard. I've enabled video captions and get the resulting .SRT file. I understand everything in it with the exception of the third value of the GPS coordinates. I've searched this website and the internet in general in vain.

I suspect this third value in the number of satellites the GPS sees. Can anyone confirm my suspicion, or tell me what this value really represents?

Thanks...
I've just run a few of my previously filmed vids (from a P3P), with subtitles on from the SRT files. In my vids the 3rd number you mention was anything between 13 and 17, which makes me suspect that you are correct in your guess and it is, indeed, the number of connected satellites.

In this Youtube vid, this uploader also agrees (at 1m:20)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the reply. Somehow i managed to miss this particular YT video out of the thousands I scanned looking for the answer. I find the SRT file to be pretty handy when documenting a video and I'm working an a utility to reformat the text to make it more customer-friendly. I'd love to be able to get the compass heading but all of my research says that's not possible with a P3S. I can always hope...

My GPS values seem to have a greater precision than those shown in the video. Any clue about that?

HOME(-79.4630,35.1023) 2018.09.26 10:09:16
GPS(-79.4631,35.1026,11) BAROMETER:26.7
ISO:100 Shutter:1250 EV: 0 Fnum: F2.8

so about the gps coordinate precision... had i paid attention to the beginning of the video i would have heard that the creator altered these values for privacy purposes. the devil’s in the details.

Yep - like you I thought the coordinates looked strange too - until all was explained in the vid.

If by 'reformatting' the .srt subtitles you mean changing their font type, text size or position, all this is possible with Potplayer, my media player of choice, although I expect you can do it with other players too. There are also programs and other methods available which will embed the .srt information into the video.

embed .srt - Google Search

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31