Video caption data is horrible

Reaction score
When I first got my P3P I turned on the recording of .srt files. I got software update and it turned off on me. I THINK the way to turn it on is to activate "video captioning."

When I view my flight videos in Dashcam Viewer (awesome program BTW) the data is quite bad. The flight path shown is extremely jittery (the flightpath jumps in large "stair steps". The compass position and speed data is awful as well. The speed graph jumps back and forth between zero and a greatly exaggerated speed, and the compass orientation readings jump all over the place.

Am I missing something here?

Supposedly the device records flight data files that provide much more detailed information, but when I hook my P3P to my Mac and enable "Flight data" mode, I don't see the flight data files, and even if I could find them, the word is that these files are in a proprietary format.

Is there a better solution to this? The flight path shown in DJI go is much smoother than what you get from the .srt files, and also seems to match the actual flight path. That tells me that the good data is available, but that the resolution of the .srt files is poor.

When I first got my P3P I turned on the recording of .srt files. I got software update and it turned off on me. I THINK the way to turn it on is to activate "video captioning."

When I view my flight videos in Dashcam Viewer (awesome program BTW) the data is quite bad. The flight path shown is extremely jittery (the flightpath jumps in large "stair steps". The compass position and speed data is awful as well. The speed graph jumps back and forth between zero and a greatly exaggerated speed, and the compass orientation readings jump all over the place.

Am I missing something here?

Supposedly the device records flight data files that provide much more detailed information, but when I hook my P3P to my Mac and enable "Flight data" mode, I don't see the flight data files, and even if I could find them, the word is that these files are in a proprietary format.

Is there a better solution to this? The flight path shown in DJI go is much smoother than what you get from the .srt files, and also seems to match the actual flight path. That tells me that the good data is available, but that the resolution of the .srt files is poor.
Extracting data from P3A for use with Dashware?

Duncan: Thanks for posting this. I hadn't used Dashcam since the firmware update, so I looked at flights from yesterday and... oooh, no .srt files. It took me five minutes to find the Video Captioning selector. If I find time to fly today, I'll see what the video data looks like with Dashcam.

And yes, I agree, it's a great program.

Sagebrush

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20