Video and FPV for Phantom 2

Ravecreative said:
I wonder, does the gimbal run without the go pro attached? - if it does, maybe you could run it like that and see if the gimbal malfunctions, or runs ok - thus at least ruling out the camera
Nope, no difference.....I guess it's hosed. :cry:

bellumgessi said:
Ravecreative said:
glad it worked ok

funnily enough, i have ended up with mine like this…
with the antenna pointing down - seems to work better

http://www.ravecreative.co.uk/phantom2/photo6.jpg

and the heli like this

http://www.ravecreative.co.uk/phantom2/photo2.jpg

i've also, re-routed the can bus cable, so it doesn't overlap the receiver aerial on the leg

Rave did you build/print your own monitor holder? That looks great! Where can i get that?

If that's printed could I have the stl file? I can print on my printer

Yeh. Makerbot replicator 2

I am doing a few mods to it,I need to slightly change the angle of the screen, and put a little return on the back
I'll put a link to the stl as soon as it's done

Can send you the file too if you want. I did it in inventor fusion, if you have it. (It's free on the mac. And it's awesome)

Ravecreative said:
Yeh. Makerbot replicator 2

I am doing a few mods to it,I need to slightly change the angle of the screen, and put a little return on the back
I'll put a link to the stl as soon as it's done

Can send you the file too if you want. I did it in inventor fusion, if you have it. (It's free on the mac. And it's awesome)
Thanks!! I uses sketchup and an ultimaker. I'll try out the inventor fusion! Been looking for a Mac alternative!

droneranger said:
Ravecreative said:
Wow

Sounds amazing.
Thanks, I love it. If you ever make your way out here to SoCal, I'd be pleased to give you the "cook's tour", Ravecreative.

BTW, I'm trying to get our folks interested in shooting aerial footage during our park projects by showing them just how cost effective these little RC birds can be and what great footage they can produce. I mean, it can't hold up to a LongRanger running a Wescam ball with a Red Epic in it, but it also doesn't cost thousands of dollars an hour to lease. And you can backpack the thing in. Try that with a full size helo! :lol:

Droneranger,

Love what you are doing to increase exposure of our fantastic parks!
Out of curiosity, is it permissible for laypeople to fly their drones in State or National parks (for non-commercial purposes)?
I would love to shoot some video/photos in several parks. Does this require a permit of some sort?

Thanks!

jdenkevitz said:
droneranger said:
Ravecreative said:
Wow

Sounds amazing.
Thanks, I love it. If you ever make your way out here to SoCal, I'd be pleased to give you the "cook's tour", Ravecreative.

BTW, I'm trying to get our folks interested in shooting aerial footage during our park projects by showing them just how cost effective these little RC birds can be and what great footage they can produce. I mean, it can't hold up to a LongRanger running a Wescam ball with a Red Epic in it, but it also doesn't cost thousands of dollars an hour to lease. And you can backpack the thing in. Try that with a full size helo! :lol:

Droneranger,

Love what you are doing to increase exposure of our fantastic parks!
Out of curiosity, is it permissible for laypeople to fly their drones in State or National parks (for non-commercial purposes)?
I would love to shoot some video/photos in several parks. Does this require a permit of some sort?

Thanks!
Generally speaking, private aircraft are not allowed below 500' at most National Parks. Since the maximum altitude allowed by the FAA for private UAVs is 400', it seems unlikely that you can fly them legally over a National Park. This is only my personal understanding and not the official policy of the Park Service. I would encourage you to contact your specific park's Public Information Officer or Chief Park Ranger for an official ruling on your request. State Parks are an entirely different matter and you would have to ask their officials directly.

Hi -

Going back to the original subject for a second, does anybody a video demonstrating connecting the AVL58 wires to the Phantom 2 without the iosd? I want to make sure before I start cutting and soldering cables.

Thanks

might do that - i've made a new revised version, its much better

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 17.26.47.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 17.26.47.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 562
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 21.08.39.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 21.08.39.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 584
OK, checked out the postage situation and it should be fine.

Seeing as they take about 5 hours to print each one!!!! I recon £20 including shipping if you want one
how does that sound?
if so, please PM me if you want one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31