VERY JUMPY VIDEO

Reaction score
I just flew my Phantom 3 Professional for the first time. Came back to watch the video on my laptop. It is extremely jumpy. Meaning it is not continuous video. Like a buffering effect. How do I fix this? Thanks everyone. Not happy at the moment.

I wish that was the case. Lap Top is a very high powered gaming machine. Could it be the small video card I used?

Also, download VLC and play the file with that to see if there is a difference. And maybe obvious but copy the video file to your machine. Don't play it from the card.

Came back to watch the video on my laptop.
To summarize other people's questions:
1. Can you explain how you were watching the video on your laptop? (e.g. μSD into an SD adapter to plug into your laptop? USB connection directly to gimbal?)

2. What kind of μSD card are you using? If it is not the one that came with the Phantom (and I see you just said it is not), what kind of card is it? Brand, size, and other identifying information will be very helpful.

3. What resolution were you recording in?

I had the same problem. It is not the camera or your laptop, it is the playback software. Not all software handles 4K adequately. I have Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Media Player, and Cinelerra and Open Shot on Linux, but the only program so far that plays the video without being choppy is Microsoft Movie Maker. I also stopped recording in 4K at the moment and only use 1080p, which is still great for practice videos.

I just use 1080p too..

4k is very heavy for my sony vaio i3..

I just have one TV that support 4k..
How can i watch a 4k video, recorded from my phantom, on it!??

I just use 1080p too..

4k is very heavy for my sony vaio i3..

I just have one TV that support 4k..
How can i watch a 4k video, recorded from my phantom, on it!??

You TV should have a USB slot on the TV, copy the video over to a high speed USB stick or use a USB to Micro SD adapter, plug and play.

I always record in 2k7 on the Advanced.
Stills [frame grabs] are good enough for newspaper pics.
Convert to 1080p for normal use.
High shutter speed also gives a jerky effect.
I use polarpro polarised +32nd filters - gives a perfect 1/50th sec/frame for shooting at 2k7/25 under most bright sunny conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31