Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Neil can I get in the beta app? I have a friend who referred your app to me.

Thanks,
Daniel St Cyr

Ha ha ha !!! You finally made it on here !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just bought it and looking forward to being able to test it out.

Now if it will just stop raining in Seattle...

Hey guys,

I'll get right to it. We're FINALLY excited to announce that Vertical Studio is now alive and kicking on the Android and iOS App Stores!!

You will notice that the app is priced at $19.99 USD. In the past few weeks you may remember we tested a few pricing models - one of which was a monthly subscription. However, based on your feedback we decided to go with a simple one-time price of $19.99 and it's now out there for everyone to download.

Here's our new website.
Vertical - Imagine it. Film it.

Thanks to all of you for the amazing feedback you've given us. We couldn't have done any of this without you. To those of you who already have the beta app, you can continue using that, or, if you like, you could support us by purchasing Vertical Studio for $19.99 USD. Either way we will continue to use your feedback to improve VS :)

In conclusion, we would love it if you could help us out by telling your friends or anyone who might be interested, about Vertical Studio.

To Download Vertical Studio: Downloads – Vertical

Last edited:
Reactions: grottoli
Looks good. So you can focus on a person, car or whatever and it will follow you around and keep that point in focus? Sounds good. My son does a lot of mountain biking so I will be able to focus on him and let the drone follow him keeping him framed without me having to keep moving the controls?

Looks good. So you can focus on a person, car or whatever and it will follow you around and keep that point in focus? Sounds good. My son does a lot of mountain biking so I will be able to focus on him and let the drone follow him keeping him framed without me having to keep moving the controls?

Hi @Dollytub. You're right in some ways. The tracking doesn't make the drone follow the subject. The flight path of the drone itself is controlled either by the RC controls or using our path design tool (coming soon). Tracking will make sure you camera angles are centering your subjects correctly in your composition.

Hey guys,

I'll get right to it. We're FINALLY excited to announce that Vertical Studio is now alive and kicking on the Android and iOS App Stores!!

You will notice that the app is priced at $19.99 USD. In the past few weeks you may remember we tested a few pricing models - one of which was a monthly subscription. However, based on your feedback we decided to go with a simple one-time price of $19.99 and it's now out there for everyone to download.

Here's our new website.

Thanks to all of you for the amazing feedback you've given us. We couldn't have done any of this without you. To those of you who already have the beta app, you can continue using that, or, if you like, you could support us by purchasing Vertical Studio for $19.99. Either way we will continue to use your feedback to improve VS :)

In conclusion, we would love it if you could help us out by telling your friends or anyone who might be interested, about Vertical Studio.

What happened to the in app purchasable features & continued support for your initial beta group ??

What happened to the in app purchasable features & continued support for your initial beta group ??

This is the new pricing model right now. We're still supporting our beta group. If you choose to keep using your beta app, you'll continue to receive updates. On Android this is easy to do. iOS makes it really difficult for us to manage a simultaneous beta and paid versions. So if you have the app on iOS don't uninstall it or you will lose the beta. We're going to add a new beta version for iOS and we'll send it out to a our beta users as per one of my previous comments about managing a new beta program for beta testers than have given us feedback.

I hope this clarifies your question @P3P Canada and also everyone else. This is what I mean by:
"To those of you who already have the beta app, you can continue using that, or, if you like, you could support us by purchasing Vertical Studio for $19.99 USD."

I for myself am willing to pay for something that gives me any benefit. As a beta tester I want to keep supporting (mainly because I intend to actually USE the app for personal and professional purposes), so a discount for betas would be a middle way between "free" and the full price charged. Just an idea, don't know if that's even possible ;) Anyway, I'm sure that anyone who tries VS will like it, it's really cool.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
This is the new pricing model right now. We're still supporting our beta group. If you choose to keep using your beta app, you'll continue to receive updates. On Android this is easy to do. iOS makes it really difficult for us to manage a simultaneous beta and paid versions. So if you have the app on iOS don't uninstall it or you will lose the beta. We're going to add a new beta version for iOS and we'll send it out to a our beta users as per one of my previous comments about managing a new beta program for beta testers than have given us feedback.

I hope this clarifies your question @P3P Canada and also everyone else. This is what I mean by:
"To those of you who already have the beta app, you can continue using that, or, if you like, you could support us by purchasing Vertical Studio for $19.99 USD."

Awesome Neil, I guess I just didn't really understand at first but that clears it up!

I will look forward to the new beta !!

I may purchase via the App Store and keep the beta for android since I primarily use iOS. $20 is a very Fair price as it essentially gives out p3 all the useful functionality of the p4 [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I hope it is in the plans to add a semi-autonomous flight, with the "wall" technology...

A true "follow me" feature

It is in fact semi-autonomous, as it controls yaw during flight. It's a big deal with the P3 since yaw control AC direction (Inspire has independent 360d camera). With time you start using the active tracking to control yaw (thus direction) as well like you would with the stick. But pilot has to control aircraft all the time, which for me is a plus since it allows a lot more freedom and spontaneity during filming in certain situations. Say you don't want subject followed close all the times (to include other stuff around in your video for instance), you just back off speed but it'll keep tracking it.

Certain maneuvers are really tricky to pull while keeping the subject centered in sports filming mostly, even for advanced pilots and filmmakers if you have to control AC and gimbal. In the wide open it's usually OK but not always, and at times you only have one shot or a really small window of opportunity. VS helps exactly by keeping focus and you can focus on the AC, and with time you can kinda "emulate" a lot of moves that other apps do in more automated ways. But with some degree of freedom which I for myself consider good.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Here's our new website.

Thanks to all of you for the amazing feedback you've given us. We couldn't have done any of this without you. To those of you who already have the beta app, you can continue using that, or, if you like, you could support us by purchasing Vertical Studio for $19.99 USD. Either way we will continue to use your feedback to improve VS :)

I was the first to buy the application.

I purchased it just now. $20 is a good price...
When will the wall feature for iOS be available?

Can any new users that have paid $20 for the app comment on how it truly works in the wild? How does it compare to the tracking we are seeing in the P4 videos? Can I use this to safely track me as I ride a hover board down a 100 ft tree lined street? Really curious as to how this stacks up to the perceived P4.

It seems to track very well (only at running speeds)

An issue I had was controlling it, i haven't found course lock, so if you are beside a subject and either the a/c or subject changes speed, the a/c will start to wrap around or go away from the subject, where course lock would allow you to continue in the same direction...

I've only played with it for 10 minutes...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor