Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

I signed up for this and was contacted asking which version I was interested in. I said iOS and was sent a link to Android. I emailed back several times and received no response to the correction. Not very good follow-up!
Apologies for this. Which link are you referring to ? If you visit our downloads page (Downloads – Vertical) you should be directed to the right download!

View attachment 46077 I went to go buy this and this is the screenshot that is shown in the iOS version. The only screenshot. Guys, this doesn't do much to promote your product.
Hi @NoOne. That was mistake on our part that Apple didn't allow us to correct on time. We've submitted a fix for the screen shots and it will be updated in a couple days. Our Youtube channel has all the right tutorials and screen records :)
Vertical

Yep. All you need in the air is Vertical Studio. You may use DJI GO for some on-the-ground configuration like IMU callibration.
Ok. I guess it won't hurt to purchase then. I'm using my iPhone 6 or iPad Air. And if I can draw a line and create a border sweet. And I'm guessing the tracking is not so slow and methodical.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Yea. That screenshot made me hold off to see some reviews first. Seems like the marketing wasn't ready yet to show the app.

For $20 I want to see the iOS details a little more polished. Still... I want to buy it.
Hi @JSilvey, please bare with us while we set up all marketing. We believe in moving fast thought it would be ok to release earlier since you guys understand the development process and the growing pains that go along with it :)

You guys, for $20 the app is worth every penny. Right now I would say it's an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. Is it 150% perfect no but it's a hell of a lot closer to perfect than any DJI release I have seen.
The tracking works great, takes a few mins to get used to the features in the app. Once you have your head wrapped around how it works , you can shoot videos that 2 people flying an inspire would have a tough time shooting.

The only feature that interested me on the p4 was this tracking & for $20 I'll keep my bug free p3 and use this app. It's great and will only become more polished and refined as Neil and his team tweak the algorithms.

The walls feature is coming to iOS in the very next update :) Hopefully in the next few days when the overlords at Apple approve our release :)
Any plans on adding a screen recorder feature? Like litchi and autoflight...

That's a very good point and something we're considering adding. Course lock could help manual flight a lot. We're actually trying to move towards more automated flight paths. But what is your preference ? - automated flight paths or .... manual flight with IOC ?

I would prefer course lock...but,
I've only used it once thus far,

With an automated flight path, would you be able to control the speed on the fly? And stop when needed? 2 main inputs with speed control?
(Target changing speeds, flier needing to adjust)

Maybe a zip line function? Same as above...2 main inputs with speed control (For recording over a football field)

Hi @JSilvey, please bare with us while we set up all marketing. We believe in moving fast thought it would be ok to release earlier since you guys understand the development process and the growing pains that go along with it :)

I'm glad you released it before you got the marketing done, I've been waiting for it since a few days after you stop taking beta testers..(that's about when I got my p3p and searched for software that does target tracking)(btw:I would have been a great beta tester)

I'm glad you released it before you got the marketing done, I've been waiting for it since a few days after you stop taking beta testers..(that's about when I got my p3p and searched for software that does target tracking)(btw:I would have been a great beta tester)

Curious to hear more real user experiences with this app before pulling the trigger. I'm tempted to buy it right now but I better wait.

Curious to hear more real user experiences with this app before pulling the trigger. I'm tempted to buy it right now but I better wait.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will try to answer as genuinely as possible.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will try to answer as genuinely as possible.
Does it follow and track the subject similar to the P4? Or does the user have to control the craft and this app essentially keeps focus on the subject, yawing as needed?

Does it follow and track the subject similar to the P4? Or does the user have to control the craft and this app essentially keeps focus on the subject, yawing as needed?
The version for iOS does not follow a moving object (can't speak for android version)--I just tried it for the first time this afternoon. It does however yaw and pitch the gimble as necessary to keep the tracked object centered as you fly around. It tracks pretty well--even boats on a lake backlit by the sun and glare from the water--however, get too close with too much vertical angular velocity and it will loose track pretty easy--I'm wondering if perhaps gimble pitch speed has some effect on this. I have speed set pretty low to make my manual camera pitch movements smoother; but am wondering if it's effecting Vertical Studio's ability to track; so I'll be experimenting with that later. I'm also not sure if the tracking calculations are done on the mobile device (I assume so); and perhaps using a faster device than the iPad Air I was using, would give me better results. Anyone know?

Because it does not maintain a given distance to the target, using orbit on a moving target doesn't seem to work well by itself, but does free you to adjust distance (radius) manually, and in any case frees you from having to operate yaw, gimble pitch and aircraft roll controls simultaneously. For orbiting a stationary object it's great, and so much faster and easier than other apps with POI.

Any plans on adding a screen recorder feature? Like litchi and autoflight...
Hmm. We're thinking of adding a video recorder for short clips so you can save the video on your phone rather than downloading from the drone each time. What do you need a screen record feature for ? Saving the video ?

I would prefer course lock...but,
I've only used it once thus far,

With an automated flight path, would you be able to control the speed on the fly? And stop when needed? 2 main inputs with speed control?
(Target changing speeds, flier needing to adjust)

Maybe a zip line function? Same as above...2 main inputs with speed control (For recording over a football field)

You hit the nail on the head. The path feature will let you control the back and forth motion + speed along the path while the drone makes sure it's always following that path. You even get manual or tracking control over yaw and gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119