Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Indeed it is, must be like seeing a telephone for the first time.
I remember the excitement when the first cell phone came on the market and look where we are now? This technology is amazing and indeed again exiting times. Looking forward to trying the iOS version.
One of the next developments to change the World shall be light weight high capacity battery technology, mark my words[emoji106]

Reactions: Neil Mathew
I'm using a Lenovo Tab 2 A7.

Friends, I saw that some drivers are in trouble when a third-party application hangs and we need to open the DJI Journal. In most cases when we are already flying, even closing the app and trying to open the DJI Go does not connect with the Drone. Before opening DJIGO disconnect the USB cable and reconnect again. Ai can open other applications even during the flight.

H
Hi Neil, can you confirm receipt of my EMail regarding problems I am having getting the app to work. Thanks
Hey Ian,

Received it. I was just about to reply but essentially the problem is a weird unsupported format on the Nexus 7. We're working to resolve this right now. I'll let you know how it goes so hang tight. Thanks!!

H

Hey Ian,

Received it. I was just about to reply but essentially the problem is a weird unsupported format on the Nexus 7. We're working to resolve this right now. I'll let you know how it goes so hang tight. Thanks!!
Hi Neil, can you confirm receipt of my EMail regarding problems I am having getting the app to work. Thanks

Actually quick question. Are you using the 2012 or 2013 nexus 7 ? The 2012 Nexus 7 has a Tegra processor while the 2013 Nexus 7 has a Snapdragon processor.

Nexus 7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can the app lose sight of the target for some (max ?) time, and still have a lock?
If so .. how long can the target be lost?

For example ... if you are shooting wildlife in open land with some broken forest.
Will the target lock be lost if ... say, a deer being tracked passes under a tree(s) that only partially fill the frame, blocking the target for some (TBD) intermittent periods of time?

Can the app lose sight of the target for some (max ?) time, and still have a lock?
If so .. how long can the target be lost?

For example ... if you are shooting wildlife in open land with some broken forest.
Will the target lock be lost if ... say, a deer being tracked passes under a tree(s) that only partially fill the frame, blocking the target for some (TBD) intermittent periods of time?

Great question. Currently if your subject gets occluded by a tree or anything else the tracking will lose your subject. It does fairly well with partial occlusions but we're working on an auto-detection and target reacquiring mechanism in future updates. The way it works right now is you have to reselect your subject in the frame once it's lost. We make sure that the shot isn't ruined if tracking is lost by gradually easing out of tracking and enabling manual control again. It's fairly easy and quick to reselect a target in-flight so I would say try selecting another selection box around the subject when it loses tracking and see how intuitive that is. If it's too annoying to have to reselect a target, we'll work on trying to figure out how to reduce the frequency of those issues. Trouble is visual tracking is inherently imperfect and no matter how much we optimize the software we're always going to gradually approach perfection as opposed to hitting it :)

Another update from us. We've sent out updates to everyone who has signed up so far. Android users - you should all have received download links now if you signed up at least 30 minutes ago and iOS users - we've sent you updates telling you the status of your reservation. If you haven't received an email from us, check your spam and if you still don't see our email, chances are there was a typo in your email address and we missed you. If you haven't received an email from us yet, you can either DM me to check on your reservation (with your name and email) or just send me an email at [email protected] :)

Ah. I see what you mean. I thought you meant SD card on the P3. Ok yes, that may be a possibility but like you said, right now the app is just about 30Mb. As we start adding more features and media assets to it I imagine it'll get bigger and at that point this is a great idea. Thanks!
30mb? Mine says it's 67mb. Is it some weirdness to do with how each phone installs the app?

Tried the app out at dusk today with a light from my phone and it did absolutely amazing at keeping up in the dark and me dodging behind trees as you can see in the video i am uploading. I also tried to track some cars and it also did a really good job although a couple of times it changed targets and picked up on other cars passing by. Very good experience so far.

Tried the app out at dusk today with a light from my phone and it did absolutely amazing at keeping up in the dark and me dodging behind trees as you can see in the video i am uploading. I also tried to track some cars and it also did a really good job although a couple of times it changed targets and picked up on other cars passing by. Very good experience so far.

Wow! It's pitch dark! Like a clip from an Alfred Hitchcock film. You're certainly stress testing the app haha it's really not built for the dark :p But glad to see it performing well enough. No that you've tested tracking out, I'm eager to see how you might use it film shots you would normally find difficult to execute. Loving the feedback so far though thanks!

Ok so here is a clip with a person on their bike, it did a pretty nice job here this is along the lines of stuff i will be filming.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164