Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Ok so here is a clip with a person on their bike, it did a pretty nice job here this is along the lines of stuff i will be filming.

Hey Daniel,

Pretty cool! Would you normally be filming at that distance or do you expect to film subjects at closer range ? I realize the limitations of the tracker when there's obstructions in the way but we may be able to get around it by enhancing the vision tracking with some secondary beacon of some sort if that might be valuable.

Hey Daniel,

Pretty cool! Would you normally be filming at that distance or do you expect to film subjects at closer range ? I realize the limitations of the tracker when there's obstructions in the way but we may be able to get around it by enhancing the vision tracking with some secondary beacon of some sort if that might be valuable.
I will be filming closer this was just a test and i did not have a clear line of sight and did not want to clip a tree branch as im still figuring out how the software works and getting used to the camera doing the work on its own and just keeping up with the target while avoiding obstacles. I will hopefully have a much better video soon when i can really get out there with my buddies. Can you clarify what you mean about having a secondary beacon?

I will be filming closer this was just a test and i did not have a clear line of sight and did not want to clip a tree branch as im still figuring out how the software works and getting used to the camera doing the work on its own and just keeping up with the target while avoiding obstacles. I will hopefully have a much better video soon when i can really get out there with my buddies. Can you clarify what you mean about having a secondary beacon?

Well I meant something like Litchi, where they let you use a second phone as a GPS tracking device. Not sure whether people have tried this or if it's even useful. Let me know if you have any insights on that.

Yes I think that would be a really good idea actually! One Less thing you can worry about for some shoots then it just a matter of watching out for Obstructions!

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Neil, is there anything we need to do to get the update? Or is automatic? Mine says it's 61.23MB

Ok so i was thinking about the Secondary beacon and it definitely needs to have a toggle on off switch but to solve the issue of different angles instead of Follow me mode persay couldn't it just be a distance Mode and you set the distance away from the Target and the Orientation you want and it will keep that distance either tracking backwards or following or even horizontally. Either implement this through GPS or if possible with hardware restrictions it would be awesome to be able to Implement this through the tracking technology with the Target box size and auto orient the Aircraft forward backward that way to try an keep the box the same size and maybe even locked in the middle of the frame? Just an idea not sure if physically able to yet on current devices.

I signed up and never did get an email.....
[email protected]

I see you've signed up for iOS. Could you check if you received an email from me a while back confirmation your registration. It essentially mentions that the iOS app is still under development to get a few bugs sorted out. I think I've sent you an email because I've marked you as contacted but I may be wrong. The email should be from [email protected]. Let me know. Thanks!

Ok so i was thinking about the Secondary beacon and it definitely needs to have a toggle on off switch but to solve the issue of different angles instead of Follow me mode persay couldn't it just be a distance Mode and you set the distance away from the Target and the Orientation you want and it will keep that distance either tracking backwards or following or even horizontally. Either implement this through GPS or if possible with hardware restrictions it would be awesome to be able to Implement this through the tracking technology with the Target box size and auto orient the Aircraft forward backward that way to try an keep the box the same size and maybe even locked in the middle of the frame? Just an idea not sure if physically able to yet on current devices.

I think I get what you're referring to. Essentially have subject-relative controls so you can execute maneuvers like strafing or fly bys easily ? Is that right ? Or do you mean implement a follow-me style system where the drone follows a target using just the tracking system ?

Yes you are correct I did receive an email, my mistake sorry, I will keep checking my email for when it is available to be downloaded....yes it was for IOS that I signed up for
Thanks
Sid

I think I get what you're referring to. Essentially have subject-relative controls so you can execute maneuvers like strafing or fly bys easily ? Is that right ? Or do you mean implement a follow-me style system where the drone follows a target using just the tracking system ?
So like a Follow Me mode but instead of just following the Subject it keeps a specified distance so lets say im in front of a car 20 feet away and 10 feet up and facing it head on with the drone with the camera pointed at it it will keep moving backwards at the same rate the car is coming towards the camera.

Reactions: Buckwheeat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119