Venom-pro-dji-phantom-3-quad-battery-charger

Reaction score
Anyone using one of these?
Are they worth the $200.00 price?

Venom Pro DJI Phantom 3 Quad Battery Charger - Standard/Advanced/Professional/4K

Charger.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't used one, but that seems pretty pricey. "Chargers" in the DJI world are really just AC->DC converters. All of the charging logic is in the batteries.

This line of multi-chargers is pretty popular - I have the models that work with P4 and Mavic batteries. They work great.

4in1 Rapid Battery Charger F DJI Phantom 3 Pro Professional Advanced Transmitter 702403072980 | eBay

I'm sure the Venom unit works fine, but there are less expensive options that work just as well.
I already have that charger and it works very good. But it is only a charger, the other one will charge, discharge to storage charge and even do a refresh charge.

I already have that charger and it works very good. But it is only a charger, the other one will charge, discharge to storage charge and even do a refresh charge.

The batteries discharge to a storage level on their own, you can set the rate in DJI Go.

If refresh charge means deep cycle here, I have seen scant evidence of general real-world benefit in this context. It's not something you would normally do. As long as you properly maintain the batteries, you shouldn't need to deep cycle them. If you really feel the urge, it's not very difficult to do manually on the rare occasion.

Reactions: sea157
The batteries discharge to a storage level on their own, you can set the rate in DJI Go.

If refresh charge means deep cycle here, I have seen scant evidence of general real-world benefit in this context. It's not something you would normally do. As long as you properly maintain the batteries, you shouldn't need to deep cycle them. If you really feel the urge, it's not very difficult to do manually on the rare occasion.

I think you just save me $200.00!

I do have my batteries set to discharge to storage level in 2 days if I forget to do it manually.

And I guess I could discharge them to the 8% manually when I want to do the deep cycle because you do this only about once a year anyway.

And like I said I already have the charger that charges 3 batteries and the RC all at the same time now, so I guess I will spend that $200.00 on something else.

Thanks for helping me see clear!!

Reactions: microlinux
Exactly ... don't waste money on it ... the 4in1 is the best of the properly priced units.

Forget all that junk about 8% deep discharge as well ... what it actually does it basically reset the charge / discharge counter ... does absolutely nothing for the battery itself.

Go to any 'normal' model flight site and ask the flyers there who deep discharges their LiPo's ... if you find anyone who says yes - he will definitely be a one-off person.

Nigel

Reactions: sea157

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20