Value of the Osmo Pocket

I see in YT reviews that this doesn't seem to do spherical/360 panos - I can't see why it wouldn't? Does a pair of 180 panos fit the bill? I'm assuming that the individual files are available for stitching later? Or does it stitch 'in camera' only?

Also, if you've got an older phone with the standard microUSB, I'm assuming an adapter cable can be used?

Adam

I bought one, I have a work job that needed the moving time-lapse feature - it was all the excuse I needed :)

So far:
- I managed to link it to my android phone (which has microUSB) using a cable adapter (microUSB to type C). This works fine for activation but the phone works horribly within the app (juddering broken image, green blocks). This same phone (Moto G6) runs DJI Go4 and Litchi fine.

- I also tried my main flight tablet (Android Huawei M3) and this connects via the same lead but also runs horribly.

- the Osmo itself is tiny but has a nice solid feel to it. It's small enough to fumble and drop, the wrist strap supplied fits the case (not the camera). You can charge the unit whilst it's inside the case (but you can't see the charging indicator)

- The Wireless Module (accessory) does not work well with Android & Bluetooth it seems. You need to go into the Osmo menu, select the wireless adapter and set to 2.4G - then connect via WiFi. This works well on both my G6 and M3, good stable image and easy to use remotely. The small Osmo screen and user interface is neat, but I'm really glad I can use the Osmo via a link.

- The Wireless Module forms a useful base for the Osmo Pocket, and you can also keep the Osmo charged via the typeC socket on it, this makes long time-lapses a possibility.

I'm off to play......

I bought one last month and i love it. while you have to be relatively close to the object, it shoots a great picture.

I have an Osmo Pocket and I love it. It’s very useful, I keep it attached to my belt and I can bring it out on the fly without having to balance the gimbal or anything. On top of that, with the mounting accessory, it is compatible with almost every single go pro mount which makes it an amazing camera in terms of versatility with camera angles. In addition to using with the WiFi transmitter you can completely control the gimbal remotely. I film videos for an architecture channel and I’ve been mounting the Osmo to a boom pole via accessory mount + 1/4” screw boom pole and it has been a beautiful makeshift camera jib. We also do the same setup with a GoPro and a Feiyutech gimbal to boom pole. I prefer the Osmo over the GoPro, I only use the GoPro if we need a wider FOV, but when it comes to controlling the gimbal remotely on the jib arm, The Osmo definitely wins in my opinion.

FYI, you can record video at 4K 60fps OR you can toggle to slowmo mode which makes it 1080p video at 120fps

We like it so much we have two of them. You can get very creative and not cause a fuss doing so. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers