v1.10.90 update takes longer

So again, I think this is only a "take off" thing. Have you ever felt the batteries after a flight? They heat up pretty quick so this isn't a question of not being able to fly in winter, just keep the batteries warm before using (again inside pocket). Not even a case of the temp of the AC.. just the battery from what I'm reading.

Sounds good to me... thanks :)

Sorry for my post! Why in hxxx would they do that? Do all people who bought a DJI product live in Brazil / Texas / Australia ? I'm sure that nobody north of Texas should ever update to 1.10. x . Maybe that's exactly why some MODS at DJI are warning that you can't go back because for us up NORTH where weather gets colder than 60 degree can't use the drone 2/3 of the year with that "wonderful" feature. Again. It fits perfectly to DJI's part to tell customers exactly what to do. Is it not part of the system that customers actually can make they own decisions how they like to use a product? Now the "Chinese Party" tells DJI customers that you are not allowed to use your $1,300 plus toys in the spring and fall time anymore. NOT cool at all!

DJI is getting more and more ridiculous every time the bring out a new firmware.

See my other reply.. Don't think that's what they're saying, but not disagreeing with some of your other points. As I said, I think this is a "battery temp" only condition to start flying. They heat up while in use, so I don't think DJI is saying you can't fly in winter.. Just that the batteries themselves need to be above 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I posted the question on the DJI forum about why this was a necessary change given how long the Phantom 3 has been out.. Why now must there be a temperature check?? I understand battery life in colder weather isn't as long.. that's true of anything that runs on batteries.. Why a car can be hard to start in the dead of winter. :)

Well, I guess what I'm saying is.. so say I want to fly this weekend... it's only going to be in the low 30's, so I keep my AC and batteries warm in the car, and put them in a pocket till just before I fly. So then I'm in the air... I assume that because I'm flying the battery will stay warm in the AC... does the AC generate enough heat, or does the battery generate heat when being used? I'm probably still not explaining it well, but hope you get what I'm trying to say... :)

The IMU and VPS both produce heat along with the battery. As I mentioned before, it is beneficial to tape of all air vents on the A/C in cold weather flying. Not only will you help extend the fly time, but also keep some of the critical parts such sensors out of the temp associated with wind chill.

If you are not having problems fixed in 1.10 just stick with 1.9. That is a good FW

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I'm still in the 1.8.80 for the same reason. I don't see any reason to upgrade FW and 1.8.80 is also a good FW and maybe my ultimate FW.

The IMU and VPS both produce heat along with the battery. As I mentioned before, it is beneficial to tape of all air vents on the A/C in cold weather flying. Not only will you help extend the fly time, but also keep some of the critical parts such sensors out of the temp associated with wind chill.

Thanks for that tip.. and the info... :)

So now if inadvertantly I do a CSC mid-air it will take 3 seconds to shut off motors?

I'm still in the 1.8.80 for the same reason. I don't see any reason to upgrade FW and 1.8.80 is also a good FW and maybe my ultimate FW.
Also staying with 1.8.80. very solid & has Google map.

I think google map is app related

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Correct.. DJI switched mapping with DJI GO 3.1.0 .. The new maps are about on a par with the Apple Maps for DJI Go on IOS... Litchi is still using Google maps (although I'm having some video drop out issues and lag on the controls with Litchi that aren't there on DJI GO)..

Litchi is still using Google maps (although I'm having some video drop out issues and lag on the controls with Litchi that aren't there on DJI GO)..
Litchi does not control the bird except when it is flying a mission. When you are piloting control comes directly from the RC controller.

Last edited:
Litchi does not control the bird except when it is flying a mission. When you are piloting control comes directly from the RC controller.

Understand.. the lag is in the display (I perhaps should have been more clear). Example, if I do something as simple as tiling the camera down, while the camera moves smoothly, the display under Litchi lags that movement.. Happening under IOS on both iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 with and without hardware enabled. The dropouts are much worse. Reported to Litchi and they are somewhat confused at best. Going to try and delete and reinstall app. No other apps running..

Ahh yes all lag is in display. The reason I brought it up is that I have seen several threads on this forum where OPs freaked out when the GO or Litchi app crashed, thinking they had lost control of the P3.

Ahh yes all lag is in display. The reason I brought it up is that I have seen several threads on this forum where OPs freaked out when the GO or Litchi app crashed, thinking they had lost control of the P3.

Understand, and this is very confounding. There is no reason Litchi should lag on the same device DJI GO does not. The video drop outs while in flight are not desirable by any means.. The advantage is Google Maps over Apple Map (or on the Android the new mapping being used in DJI Go 3.1.0)..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor