v1.10.90 update takes longer

Reaction score
Hello,
I just received the firmware update today. I did the update, however, it has been more than 1 hour and my P3A is still beeping long D and 2 shorts D's. Anybody know if this is normal for the update? I just bought my P3A one month ago and this is just the 2nd time i am updating my drone. I hope I dont run out of my battery. :-(
Thanks!

Hi,
The sound you can hear indicates that the update has been completed successfully. The gimbal LED should show a steady green as well.
I understand your reaction, the process could be finished in a more elegant manner than so...

It took 15 minutes for me to upgrade from 1.9.xx to 1.10.90.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It took 15 minutes for me to upgrade from 1.9.xx to 1.10.90.

I'm confirming that. It took me exactly 15 minutes from 1.9.xx to 1.10.xx on P3P. During upgrade process Phantom rebooted few times with loud start-up sound which I didn't notice on previous upgrades. Checked .txt, all good, formated mSD. Calibrations and test flight pending.

I'm still wondering about updating my aircraft to v1.10... Should i do it or not?

I updated mine this morning. It took 9 minutes, which was pretty much the same as all the other FW updates I've done. Updated GO and the RC FW too.

Anyone using the new firmware v 1.10.90? I read that once you upgrade to it you can't downgrade if problems surface. Makes me leery to do the update.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Updated a few hours ago, and took about 15 minutes. I'll hopefully get out tomorrow to fly.

I updated mine this morning. It took 9 minutes, which was pretty much the same as all the other FW updates I've done. Updated GO and the RC FW too.

How did you beat the time to get it done in 9 minutes? I need your watch. :) or do you stop counting after 9? :)

May be the temperatures were real low? My house was heated to 72F :)

Reactions: ROD PAINTER and NRJ
Some of these guys think if you update and it starts, or hovers at 80ft-100ft it's all good.

Those that posted in this thread never mentioned doing any type of test to see what kind of changes took place, if any.
Apparently @neven was the only one concerned enough with his investment to properly do all the calibrations after updating and before flight.
Does anyone know why the calibration function exist? If changing and installing completely different firmware does not warrant going through calibration, then when does calibrating need to be done? If not at this point, then just re-install the each of the firmwares say once a week. :rolleyes:

Btw, I read in one of the post someone mentioned that the AirCraft rebooted a few times during the update. This means that component modules(drivers) have been updated which is a major change and also the #1 reason why they would not allow a RollBack with the firmware.

Members, please note each and every word of "flyNFrank". He has long experience with Phantom series and knows "ins and outs" of it. I always wait to see his comments. He just doesn't quote words from the manuals, he uses his great experience to advice all.

1.10.90 still not stable for upgrade. 1.10.90 dji go app need to use 3.1.0 and RC 1.8.0 Just saw this on another post. Anyone know if this is correct? Do you have to be on the current versions of App and controller with new firmware? That version of the Go App doesn't use google maps for android anymore and the 1.8 controller update gave me horrible video relay while flying. I downgraded both app and controller to get things back to where i wanted them.

How did you beat the time to get it done in 9 minutes? I need your watch. :) or do you stop counting after 9? :)

May be the temperatures were real low? My house was heated to 72F :)

Yeah, I'm 39 but was born in '59! Time marches much slower here in the U.K. Seriously, I've no idea why it only took 9 mins. I verified it'd worked.

Yeah, I'm 39 but was born in '59! Time marches much slower here in the U.K. Seriously, I've no idea why it only took 9 mins. I verified it'd worked.

Np, I was kidding. May be you were updating P3A.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31