V 4.02 Upgrade

RHR

Reaction score
I recently did the V 4.02 firmware upgrade voluntarily. Prior to this my Phantom I performed great. No complaints at all. Since upgrade to new firmware I've had nothing but issues. Constant flashing red light upon power up. I recalibrated my transmitter, I imported the latest parameters, I did everything in the book.

After 4.02 my transmitter would no longer show up on NAZA assistant software. I had to switch to D-bus. Now my phantom flies in GPS mode as if it were in ATTI mode but worse. Phantom takes off in every different direction with the smallest inputs to the transmitter.

Any insight or help here would be greatly appreciated.

(don't do the firmware 4.02 upgrade until dji gets all this sorted!!!!)

odd, I did everything by the book have had no problems at all.
4.02 is perhaps one of the most stable updates they've put out, which is why it's been a few months and they still haven't updated it.

you did run Advanced Calibration as well I assume?

I had similar issue when I did upgrade and in my case the aircarft was wrong. Go to Assistant->Basic-X rotor (2nd unit) and check that

Thanks for the input and ideas.

The issue first started after update with an "ERROR 27" GPS calibration alarm. Once I switched my transmitter to D-bus it seemed to eliminate that error.

Now I am experiencing "ERROR 29" "configuration error" which is indicated by LED blinking red 4 times quickly repeatedly.

And now all of a sudden my transmitter shows the throttle all the way to the left (down) and not green in the center. I did nothing to change this.

Confused. Thanks again for the help

Following the upgrade, everyone needs to make sure they took the following steps:

1. Check to make sure the receiver type has been set to D-Bus (sometimes it gets switched to PPM during the upgrade)

2. Import the default Phantom settings file from DJI's website

3. Calibrate IMU, Calibrate compass, check values in the software to make sure they're in acceptable ranges

4. Make sure the proper rotor type (QuadRotorX) has been chosen in the "Mixer" section in the software (can also get changed to the wrong one during the upgrade)

DSLR Pros diagnosed and fixed the problem. They advised my firmware and parameters were all correct. My transmitter settings were all correct as well.

The compass went bad. They swapped at the compass and my phantom is flying great again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl