V 3.1.3 Go app out in play store

Been on 3.1.3 and 1.8.10 Firmware for several flights now and Happy (RELIEVED) to say that all has been good for me...
I have Nvidia Sheild K1 and love it = video has always been fast, including when I was on earlier Soft and OLD firmware that was in P3S when I got it Jan. 2017 = 1.2.4 Firmware...
My only complaint is I have never had Great Range since day-1 but it didn't get any worse after updating to latest Soft and Firm...
Range w/OEM antennas was only 1,300Ft with quite a few homes/WiFi around but I never pushed it to where it would initiate RTH, I always pulled it back in before that... I did the Alfa Ant. mod and have made it to 2,200Ft now at the same location and 3,500+Ft "out in the woods"...

Reactions: Simzy666
I thought IOS had APPLE maps with GO but GOOGLE maps with LITCHI
Litchi has Google maps with any platform, but Apple and DJI ? Only going by what I've read on other people's post, I'm a Android guy.

So is it safe to fly our toys now ??? not had the weather for anything serious but after my fly away am still abit scared to fly even with the updates. Has 3.1.3 solved all the problems ??

It's 3G 4G capable but no service here. Samsung Galaxy S5. I shall go for a fly where there is mobile service when weather improves and see what happens. Thankyou.
Silly question, but your Galaxy is also activated with phone company, correct?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Messed around with the v3.1.3 today. Trying to see if I could get Google maps, as some have written. Started, stopped, restarted DJI Go a couple of times. Connected to home wifi, connected to Phantom wifi. Switched back and forth. Restarted app a couple more times. Sure enough... I got Google maps. I was just using wifi. My Android Tablet doesn't have cell phone, or GPS. I prefer the Google maps, so I'm happy.

Reactions: miskairal
Sure would be nice to know the sequence that works every time to get google maps with a tablet/no cellular.

Reactions: miskairal
Did another quick flight from my backyard today with my un-modded P3S on 3.1.3 app & 1.8.10 firmware. Did a personal best distance of 812 meters @ 79 meters alt. Had only a couple of weak video signal warnings but video stayed smooth and lag free throughout the flight. Interestingly, DJI Go completely crashed on my Nvidia Shield K1 late in the flight but I restarted it and everything was normal again.

Here's the two segments of the log (due to app crash)
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Here's a few frame grabs from the flight, as you can see we've had a bit of rain lately!
vlcsnap-2017-02-17-20h57m40s729.png vlcsnap-2017-02-17-20h59m06s279.png vlcsnap-2017-02-17-21h00m11s475.png vlcsnap-2017-02-17-21h03m11s287.png vlcsnap-2017-02-17-21h03m48s227.png

Reactions: Neon Euc and RodPad
Wow, those actually make me squint my eyes.

Rod

From what I am gathering, Go on Android can use Here or Google but will use Here if Go can reach the Here server on app start. It could be that those getting Google are getting connection problems to Here.
If you don't powercycle your mobile, you can cache map data but if you need to restart your mobile, as I usually have to do to get connected to RC and fix touch response problem on right side of the screen, then you lose your cache.
If you locked into Google and didn't restart mobile or app, then it may stick with Google even if there was a connection interruption in between.

Surprising enough I didn't have to powercycle my Samsung tablet.
Gave tablet Wi-Fi access to my HTC's hot-spot, powered up RC, powered up AC, connected tablet and saw Camera button blue with correct version of Phantom indicated.

I have Go updated to 3.1.3 and am running FW 1.7.90 on the P3S using a Samsung tablet. Have not flown since the Go update .
Is there any worries, bugs, gremlins, or anything i should be wary of. Trying to fly in the morning for some sunrise pics and videos.

I have Go updated to 3.1.3 and am running FW 1.7.90 on the P3S using a Samsung tablet. Have not flown since the Go update .
Is there any worries, bugs, gremlins, or anything i should be wary of. Trying to fly in the morning for some sunrise pics and videos.
Same I have 3.1.3 and 1.7.9, all is good. Had no issues at all, good flight.

Thank you. Charging everything now for morning.

Reactions: Kunjaba007
FW 1.8.10 is stable , no problems , many people are using 1.8.10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94