Using Terrain Follow with Drone Deploy

Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone has experience with using terrain follow with drone deploy and if so how does one cache the elevation when you are offline.

Thanks!

Try the commercialdronepilots.com website if you don’t get any responses here. The link to the website is at the bottom of the page.

So I was wondering if anyone has experience with using terrain follow with drone deploy and if so how does one cache the elevation when you are offline.

Thanks!
I don't know about DroneDeploy, but MapPilot allows the user to cache SRTM data so that I can fly completely off the grid. I don't see why DD wouldn't do the same.

D

Looked up the prices of DroneDeploy and was taken aback. For a one-time payment of $25, Litchi does all I want, namely enabling my drone to follow preprogrammed waypoint missions with the app offline and the drone beyond signal range, while recording video footage at a camera direction and pitch angle set before the drone goes out beyond signal range. Litchi also allows for the user specification of altitude above the current location at every waypoint independently, which is the subject of this discussion topic, all for just $25 in totaL

Drone Deploy costs $100 monthly for the "Pro" version, and a whopping $300 MONTHLY, or nearly 4 grand USD annually for the business version. I am curious as to what on earth it is that makes Drone Deploy so pricey in comparison to Litch and Maven. Any clarification from the gurus would be appreciated, though I do hasten to add that I have no intention of ever replacing Litchi as my go-to drone waypoint platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers