Using rainx on drone as water repellent

Reaction score
I am wondering if I can use rainx for plastic on a drone to make it safe to fly in light to moderate rain. Would it actually work if I coated the drone with plastic safe rainx?

No.

The sensitive components are on the inside of the aircraft.

Last edited:
I am wondering if I can use rainx for plastic on a drone to make it safe to fly in light to moderate rain. Would it actually work if I coated the drone with plastic safe rainx?
I know it's ok on cam ,it's makes rain drops easy to shake off with gimble flip with c1 or c2 button but unsure if it work on drone ok,foward movement make all water 4un to back,,what's at back ? Battery,,it's possible it will run where you not want it,,just my thoughts,be good if it works

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

If you want to make it safe to fly in the rain than we suggest you get the Phantom Rain Wet Suit, and use the Rain X on the Camera lens .
You have to protect that battery from the rain build up as mentioned above.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Drone in and out of the Storm

Notice how the Phantom 4 is the Rock Star.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have a look to this new product.
It probably meets your needs more than rainx:

If you want to make it safe to fly in the rain than we suggest you get the Phantom Rain Wet Suit, and use the Rain X on the Camera lens .

Phantomrain.org

For those wondering how the Phantom flew and recorded the next day after that 20 min down pour , without any grain of rice or even a wipe off. :)

Phantom 4 Pro earns its wings once again in the midst of extreme weather flying.

Just a quick 1800 ft out and back and a 400 ft vertical climb. Sped up 800 %
We dont fly over people or cars thus the reversal.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in and out of the Storm.

Last edited:
I have flown light rain without any gimmicks or additions. Its not something I would advise anyone to do intentionally regardless of what 'additions' you use ...

But being caught in a shower etc. - the Phantom shrugs it off - according to my flights that got caught out.

Natural drying out and all fine.

I have flown light rain without any gimmicks or additions. Its not something I would advise anyone to do intentionally regardless of what 'additions' you use ...

But being caught in a shower etc. - the Phantom shrugs it off - according to my flights that got caught out.

Natural drying out and all fine.

I few in heavy wet snow last fall and other than the camera getting all gummed up with snow flakes, everything was fine. Wiped my P3S with a towel and let it dry naturally.

Chris

This subject again....

The Phantom class UAVs are remarkably water resistant. Flying in any sensible precipitation won't hurt them. With or without extra coverings. Dry the thing off carefully and let it sit in a low humidity environment. The camera is the big issue - a water drop on the lens makes for poor pictures.

YMMV. Avoid salt water at all costs. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball.

No. Just {sigh} no[emoji849]. Don't do it. You get rain x anywhere it's not supposed to be, good luck cleaning. You don't want that stuff ANYWHERE near a camera of any kind.

It is true. The Phantoms are already very water resistant. See the older posts and you will see. I know water and electricity don’t mix, but these Phantoms must be sealed from the factory. I don’t expect anyone to believe me, but I dunked my P3 under a waterfall. Due to the difficultly in getting it, I retrieved it 3 days later. I washed the silt out of it and put it in a dehydrator. I just left it set for 6 months, because i didn’t have a battery to check it out. Also I bought a P4. I finally got a battery and found out the old P3 s worked, camera and all.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits

Phantomrain.org

I'm always waiting for for the Phantom Rain plug.

Reactions: JeffreyS
Hi guys, my iPad Pro doesn’t fit in the DJI Phantom 3 standard. Does anyone know if updated cradles are available, and where? Thanks, I’m new at this stuff.

ABOUT CRADLE ISSUE ... ignore my query, I found something in Amazon DJ Phantom store. Have a great forum!

Ebay is full of replacement holders for tablets .... my standard has a holder for up to 9.8" .... and it mounts to handle the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31