Using P3P Controller for P4?

Reaction score
I ordered a Phantom 4, Battery, charger and Props last week. All arriving soon. I ran out of money before buying a controller, but have my P3P controller from last season, and have heard that it will fly my Phantom 4. Anyone doing this that can verify that, and tell me if I need to update or change anything before I fly? Thanks in advance.

I ordered a Phantom 4, Battery, charger and Props last week. All arriving soon. I ran out of money before buying a controller, but have my P3P controller from last season, and have heard that it will fly my Phantom 4. Anyone doing this that can verify that, and tell me if I need to update or change anything before I fly? Thanks in advance.
Which model RC do you have? 300A, 300B, or 300C? Also, which model of P4 did you order? For example, P4, P4A, P4Pv1, or P4Pv2?

Here is a Controller Compatibility Chart that I first put together in April 2018.

Last edited:
I have the 300A RC and got a P4 in the mail coming in a day or 2. Just want to ask a few questions I couldn't find in other threads, like with my P3P bird, I can update firmware in controller and the quad just by having them both on and connected to my WIFI, but I can see where that might cause a problem going thru the 300A controller into a P4 quad, the thought makes my brain ache. o_O

The 300A remote should work just fine with a P4 standard. I used one for awhile until I lost my drone in a river...

LOL, well that's no recommendation. :eek:

At noon today, I took what is probably my last flight with the Phantom 3 Clone. I cobbled together a Phantom 3 pro body with a 2.7K camera and that P3P controller. I flew it West towards town and I think it hit some kind of distance limit at less than a mile. I did manage to get well over 1300 feet tho, after removing any height limits last night.

I recorded the flight, and as per usual for an aging dufus, I forgot to start AZscreenrecorder and record the flight. Duhhh. All I got was the camera feed. Sheeesh, I need a kick in the ***. I do this so many times. Anyway, I'm uploading to the tube now and will link it when done.

Update on the P3P controller and P4 drone. Works like a charm in FPV for the most part. The other day I tested in Follow Mode and did have problems with the Quad itself, the camera went buggy while in flight and was caught in an angled view. I did get home in RTH and then took over to land. Got out of Follow mode and back to FPV and all is good again.

On the other hand, I do not see much if any advantage to flying the P4 over the P3P, except more money down the drain if I crash in the woods or something. :rolleyes:

I probably won't be buying another P4. In fact, I am now seeing some perfectly good $150 drones with gimbal cameras that work, soooo...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20