Using P3 with P2 case

Reaction score
If you are like me thinking how are you going to carry around your drone until DJI releases the cases keep reading. Online sales representative told that the P3 is smaller than P2 and it wont be a problem to fit in. The problem is the P3 remote is bigger than the old one, thats why they are not sure if we can fit the remote in a P2 case.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 1.45.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 1.45.40 PM.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 446
If you are like me thinking how are you going to carry around your drone until DJI releases the cases keep reading. Online sales representative told that the P3 is smaller than P2 and it wont be a problem to fit in. The problem is the P3 remote is bigger than the old one, thats why they are not sure if we can fit the remote in a P2 case.
Incorrect information. There are numerous threads about both the size of the P3 and whether it will fit in a P2 case in this forum.

I thought it was like that too, until they told me on live chat
There are guys with test units over on rcgroups measuring the thing. Shell is almost exactly the same, legs slightly wider and taller.

There are guys with test units over on rcgroups measuring the thing. Shell is almost exactly the same, legs slightly wider and taller.

maybe they are just the test units? production may be different. DJI told me this I am not making it up. I read the same threads you read, I wouldn't have created a thread if I wasn't surprised.

maybe they are just the test units? production may be different. DJI told me this I am not making it up. I read the same threads you read, I wouldn't have created a thread if I wasn't surprised.
No ... not just test units.
Your online sales rep doesn't have one, has never seen one and is as reliable as quite a few forum people.
Here's a review of the P3 from someone more credible.
http://flytpath.com/dji-phantom-3-first-look-and-review/

Yeah....that rep is wrong. The P3 has wider/longer landing gear. I have spoken to many DJI employees, even many of the top level guys have not touched one yet. There are only a handful out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues