Using iPad and iPhone on same drone

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any issues using iPad and iPhone with same drone? I have used the iPad 3 and it works very nice, but was thinking of setting up and using the iPhone 6s as well. Thinking about the flightlog, image/video storage on ipad/iphone, etc.

I have been switching back and forth. You can sync the flight records via the cloud (I had varying success with some sync failures). You need to remember if you make a critical setting change specific to the Go App on one you need to do on the other as well. I'm thinking Images/video will only be on the device that recorded it, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen
Just wondering if there are any issues using iPad and iPhone with same drone? I have used the iPad 3 and it works very nice, but was thinking of setting up and using the iPhone 6s as well. Thinking about the flightlog, image/video storage on ipad/iphone, etc.

My original iPad 3 wouldn't allow download of the old Pilot App.
So wondering which iPad 3 you are referring to?

RedHotPoker

I keep changing between iPad Mini and iPhone 6S.

Oh, I would never try to run this rich app and firmware with that older processing power. Probably go up in a poof of smoke.
I doubt it would even fit in the Inspire 1 device holder, will it?
Let me check this myself. No, not even close. How are you attached to the radio, device holder? Must have that z shaped extention hook.
And talk about heavy weight, compared to thee Air 2 Cellular.
Glad I'm not stuck with that boat anchor, around my collar. Talk about Feeling like an Oxen in a neck yoke.
Are you actually flying with this setup, & are you mostly sitting down?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Is it possible to have Ipad 3 connected to the controller for the settings etc., and same time have iphone 6+ connected as FPV goggles? I have DJI phantom 3 pro with hdmi module.

An iPad 3 doesn't run the Go app well, poor prcessing power. How/why would you use it?
Not sure how you will wear the iPhone headset either? Haha

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl