Use of DATcon and CSVview with the Spark

Dronason

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
With the Spark and currently no RC, it is a hard time to fly it and I got many issues with wifi signal level. In one case it just hang in the air without doing anything until I realize that I had both table and phone setup to the wifi of the Spark and after loosing the control from the tablet (was testing distance with wifi), it connected to my phone in my pocket. So, usual case, the log on the tablet/phone didn't tell you the full story, you need the flight record on the drone. I got .DAT file using DJI assistant software and was hopping to use DATcon / CSVview as for my P3.
I got from DATcon message during pre-check of DAT file:
"Spark\Log_files\DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-06-30_21-32-20.FLY36.DAT is not an acceptable .DAT file because it Unable to determine AC type"
It is clear, it is new and the file is currently not recognized as a valid file. Maybe it is not too complicated to add the Spark to DATcon. It would be so valuable for people like me flying P3 and using DATcon from years to be able doing the same with Spark on the side to try to understand what it really does.

I hope that @BudWalker could have some free time to support that. Many of us owning both drones would be very thankful to you. I can provide sample of DAT, TXT log file or any specific info/file on request to support it.

With the Spark and currently no RC, it is a hard time to fly it and I got many issues with wifi signal level. In one case it just hang in the air without doing anything until I realize that I had both table and phone setup to the wifi of the Spark and after loosing the control from the tablet (was testing distance with wifi), it connected to my phone in my pocket. So, usual case, the log on the tablet/phone didn't tell you the full story, you need the flight record on the drone. I got .DAT file using DJI assistant software and was hopping to use DATcon / CSVview as for my P3.
I got from DATcon message during pre-check of DAT file:
"Spark\Log_files\DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-06-30_21-32-20.FLY36.DAT is not an acceptable .DAT file because it Unable to determine AC type"
It is clear, it is new and the file is currently not recognized as a valid file. Maybe it is not too complicated to add the Spark to DATcon. It would be so valuable for people like me flying P3 and using DATcon from years to be able doing the same with Spark on the side to try to understand what it really does.

I hope that @BudWalker could have some free time to support that. Many of us owning both drones would be very thankful to you. I can provide sample of DAT, TXT log file or any specific info/file on request to support it.
Yes, I do. Please Dropbox or GoogleDrive that .DAT so I can add the Spark to CsvView/DatCon.

Yes, I do. Please Dropbox or GoogleDrive that .DAT so I can add the Spark to CsvView/DatCon.
I PM you link to dropbox sample data for 2 small flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj