Upgrading the toy...

Reaction score
big hi to all!

Im using, since the first time, the following firmware:

Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.1.9

Since this firware I didnt upgrade due to some problems that i saw here..
My question is: can i upgrade direct to this now new firware (1.4)?? Now there is many good new functions that i wana try...

I heard about something about a new firware for the RC too, since the 1.1.9....

How should i do it??

Thanks in advance!!!

big hi to all!

My question is: can i upgrade direct to this now new firware (1.4)?? Now there is many good new functions that i wana try...

How should i do it??

Thanks in advance!!!
Upgrade to 1.3.2 first and then the 1.4.0

big hi to all!

How should i do it??

Thanks in advance!!!
DJI said its better to upgrade to 1.3.20 first then to 1.4.0010 after.

DJI says upgrade the controller first to 1.3.2. But the aircraft itself can be upgraded directly from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0
That avoids another 25mn waiting .

Last edited:
Reactions: unclejas and Mordor
DJI says upgrade the controller first to 1.3.2. But the aircraft itself can be upgraded directly from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0
wrong, this quote from DJI download firmware website "The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft."

Reactions: rowdyjim
wrong, this quote from DJI download firmware website "The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft."
Well, do what you want, the way you understand it.I admit DJI is not clear in their statement here. But what has to be read is that they talk about the controller to be updated before updating the aircraft with 1.4.0. That doesn't imply to update the aircraft to the same 1.3.2 firmware. In the other hand, 1.4.0 has no update for the controller, proof that these 2 things are unrelated.
Updating the aircraft from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0 works like a dream, in time, and with no glitch whatsoever. So, don't tell me I'm wrong, I am not, I have done it, you didn't.
Edit: POI test:

Last edited:
Reactions: unclejas
big hi to all!

How should i do it??

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi can confirm that if you update to 1.3 then 1.4 works well.

One important point that DJI isn't clear about.

If you haven't upgraded your controller firmware to 1.3 you will need to do that, and only by downloading the 1.3 firmware and patching it via the USB port (not in app).
The 1.4 firmware doesn't have any new updates for the controller, but they don't make it clear that it doesn't bring you up to date to the latest release either.

Also i did this, Done, and no problems.
Would be a stupid thing the last fw don`t have all previous updates (talking here only about the P3).

The RC i just plug a pen with 1.3.2 bin.

Hi can confirm that if you update to 1.3 then 1.4 works well.

sure. im gonna do it this weekend.

i admit im little bit confused. lets see what happen..

thanks all!

ps: im planning to do this way: update controler to 1.3 and then update aircraft to 1.4

Well, do what you want, the way you understand it.I admit DJI is not clear in their statement here. But what has to be read is that they talk about the controller to be updated before updating the aircraft with 1.4.0. That doesn't imply to update the aircraft to the same 1.3.2 firmware. In the other hand, 1.4.0 has no update for the controller, proof that these 2 things are unrelated.
Updating the aircraft from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0 works like a dream, in time, and with no glitch whatsoever. So, don't tell me I'm wrong, I am not, I have done it, you didn't.
Edit: POI test:
One thing i noticed in your video, like ive seen in some of mine...at about 30sec as you see the shadow of the drone, watch it as it travels the grass and it's like the shadow has a halo of brightness around it.....must be compensating for the darkness of the shadow....kinda weird

One thing i noticed in your video, like ive seen in some of mine...at about 30sec as you see the shadow of the drone, watch it as it travels the grass and it's like the shadow has a halo of brightness around it.....must be compensating for the darkness of the shadow....kinda weird
Yes I've noticed that too, Not very nice. I was set to "manual", 100 iso, 1/200/ ND8. close to midday, lots of light. strange effect. I have no idea why it's doing that.

Reactions: louforgiveno
im just here to upgrade my firware and noticed one think!

i only can update just the controler to 1.3 if i have that mini sd card usb, right?

i dont have it here now. so i must update everything (aircraft and controler) to 1.3 and than 1.4 on aircraft...

right??

im just here to upgrade my firware and noticed one think!

i only can update just the controler to 1.3 if i have that mini sd card usb, right?

i dont have it here now. so i must update everything (aircraft and controler) to 1.3 and than 1.4 on aircraft...

right??
(Using the SD card and a PC, not DJI Go app)
You can upgrade both to 1.3 and then just the aircraft to 1.4, OR you can upgrade the remote controller to 1.3 and the aircraft directly from wherever you were to 1.4.
This is what I did: Updated the RC to 1.3, and once it was done, the aircraft from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0
I saved 25 minutes by doing this.

You can upgrade both to 1.3 and then just the aircraft to 1.4, OR you can upgrade the remote controller to 1.3 and the aircraft directly from wherever you were to 1.4.
This is what I did: Updated the RC to 1.3, and once it was done, the aircraft from 1.1.9 to 1.4.0
I saved 25 minutes by doing this.

yeah, i got it!

but i can't upgrade just the controller if i dont have that MINI SD USB adapter.. right???

yeah, i got it!

but i can't upgrade just the controller if i dont have that MINI SD USB adapter.. right???
you're right, you need this adapter.

or can i just put any pendrive with 1.3 on the controler and turn it on?

can be this way??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl