Upgrading the toy...

sure. im gonna do it this weekend.

i admit im little bit confused. lets see what happen..

thanks all!

ps: im planning to do this way: update controler to 1.3 and then update aircraft to 1.4

It works both ways I have read, but personally I just spent the extra 25mins just for peace of mind and also practice updating firmware. I did my update at night so I wasn't flying it anytime soon.
Hope your enjoying the new features soon. Keep us posted. Just remember the calibrations after update.

or can i just put any pendrive with 1.3 on the controler and turn it on?

can be this way??
Yes, as DJI mentions it. :)
I would make sure to format it first, in case some executables interfere during the transfer.

Last edited:
Yes, as DJI mentions it. :)
I would make sure to format it first, in case some executables interfere during the transfer.

on the dji website video it only tells about micro sd usb adapter, they dont mention any pendriive.. but i think that it should work on controler, not for the aircraft due to their port type...

So can I put the zipped file on the card and update the phantom or does the file need to be unzipped first

So can I put the zipped file on the card and update the phantom or does the file need to be unzipped first
Unzip 1.3.2 in your pc first, and copy the .bin to the pen. just this one. nothing else is required.
plug the pen into the controller, turn it on, and the process will start automatically.
light will be solid blue during the update. Please refer to the PDF coming with the FW update folder.

Last edited:
Im about to give up. My app is v. 2.20. My aircraft is v. 1.1.9+ and the RC is v. 1.1.8 everything works great. I just really want to try these new features. I for the life of me can not get P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin downloaded from DJI website to Unzip. Without it unzipped the aircraft will not recognize it and update. It's my understanding that I have to update to that version before updating yet again to the newest version out. If any users out there can enlighten me on how to unzip this file that would be fantastic. I've tried a few apps from the AppStore with no luck. As for now, I've been beatin.

on the dji website video it only tells about micro sd usb adapter, they dont mention any pendriive.. but i think that it should work on controler, not for the aircraft due to their port type...
I have not seen this video, but it is mentioned in step 2 of the pdf file of the update.

"Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.

c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote

controller is turned off." etc

Don't give up, this is lot of fuss about a quite straight forward thing actually.
If you do what I did, you should be safe:
Ignore the DJI go app.
This is all between your PC, your remote control, and your aircraft.
Aircraft is off, Ipad is off.
Format your pen in Fat 32 to erase everything, copy the uncompressed .bin of 1.3.2 FW update to it and plug it in your remote controller.
Start the remote controller and wait. the light goes blue. Wait until it's back to green again (green I believe.)
That takes no more than 3 minutes. You're done with the remote. turn it off.
When you find your micro SD card reader, format it Fat32, and copy the 1.4.0 uncompressed .bin to it. plug it into your bird, turn it on and wait. 25 mn later you should be dancing around it...
Good luck

well

done

first of all thanks so much everyone for the big help! very thankful!

i upgraded first to 1.3 and then aircraft to 1.4

everything seems to be pretty

should i calibrate compass and IMU again? i can see it pretty already ready to fly hehe

Thanksss!!!!

well

done

first of all thanks so much everyone for the big help! very thankful!

i upgraded first to 1.3 and then aircraft to 1.4

everything seems to be pretty

should i calibrate compass and IMU again? i can see it pretty already ready to fly hehe

Thanksss!!!!
good to hear, always good to do all the caliration after upgraded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers