Upgraded my Advanced gimbal/cam to Pro...WOW!!!

I just checked mine (I have a P3A). Running the cached video through this:
MediaInfo
The average bitrate seems to vary between 1.8 and 3 Mbit.

I would like to see that too. Don't think there is any way to directly upload video to this forum. Maybe a link to something like dropbox?

I'm happy to share a downlink video off my iPad, but without any of my previous P3A footage of the same type of flying, I don't think it would be very helpful as there's really nothing to compare it to. All I can tell you is it was *very* difficult, if not impossible, to see branches and power lines even when flying very slowly. Now it's very clear. If you don't notice any pixelation or choppiness with your P3A, then great - you don't need a pro! When you're either moving very slowly, are very close to the RC, or at moderate altitude, the image is the same, which is what many people do with Phantoms.

I've also replaced my P3A gimbal with a pro for the sake of having a normal FPV experience. Before i bought the new gimbal i verified that the advanced was locked on 2mbps, and after replacement it is usualy 6mbps. I'm using it with Headplay HD and very happy with the quality. :)

The slider you all are talking about only changes the quality of the video feed from the aircraft to your device. That is all. Setting it lower allows for further distance before losing video feed. Setting it higher gets a little better video feed on the device, but it will lose the feed before a low setting when getting to the range limit.

I. Before i bought the new gimbal i verified that the advanced was locked on 2mbps,

How did you verify it? Like I did, just the bitrate from the video's in the cache folder? Because mine doesnt seem locked at 2Mb. Im not getting anywhere near 6 or 10 either, but I do have 3Mb files too.

How did you verify it? Like I did, just the bitrate from the video's in the cache folder? Because mine doesnt seem locked at 2Mb. Im not getting anywhere near 6 or 10 either, but I do have 3Mb files too.
Yes, i checked the bitrate with Mediainfo on several liveview video's. They were all encoded at 2mbps and as soon i installed the pro gimbal it jumped to 6. The slider was never accessible for me on either gimbal, since i'm located in Europe.

Im in Europe too. To get the slider, you just have to disable "auto", and put it on 'custom'. With me, the slider has always been on "auto", and the bitrate does seem to vary. In fairness, not to 6, so Id like to see some 6+Mb cache video's

Im in Europe too. To get the slider, you just have to disable "auto", and put it on 'custom'. With me, the slider has always been on "auto", and the bitrate does seem to vary. In fairness, not to 6, so Id like to see some 6+Mb cache video's
I will check tomorrow, but i remember to have read somewhere that the slider doesn't do anything when the Phantom is in CE mode, also remember i didn't get the slider at all because the auto/custom selection was not accessibe or visible in the app. Anyway will check again tomorrow. :)

Pro guys, is it worth setting my slider all the way down before a distance flight? Is the increased range substantial?

Pro guys, is it worth setting my slider all the way down before a distance flight? Is the increased range substantial?
I've never tried any distance flights, really, but have been told it can help on the really long distances.

Mine displays that adjustment. It goes from 2MB to 10MB. I am using the latest updated version of the app. Updated yesterday again. It does make a difference. In range and the down link quality. I have the P3 Advanced.
it is limited to 2 mbs on advanced
only the pro will slide to 10 mbs no matter if slider appears to work or not

So you bought a new camera, instead of adjusting this setting at the bottom:
View attachment 59487

Which is available on both P3A and P3P.

Congrats I guess?

BTW, "auto" works just fine for me, so normally I dont even mess with the setting. OF course if you accidentally set it to custom and then 2Mb, it would be worth changing that. P3A vs P3P camera is not going to make any difference in this regard though. The lightbridge unit isnt even in the camera, its inside the VPS unit below the battery.

sorry but the OP is correct
the p3a will only do 2mbs real world no mater the slider setting
the p3p will really allow 2 - 10 mbs and changing the gimbal and camera will upgrade the p3a to a p3p when all said and done.

for FPV with goggles it is almost a must and Very noticeable.

look back about a year in forum , much discussion about this then, pretty much been known for a while now the differences to long time users

HWCM, even though some firmware still give a slider on the Advanced, the lightbridge will never go faster than 2mb/sec due to a hardware limitation. This has been discussed several times here. The difference is extraordinary - believe me, I didn't post here to congratulate myself for wasting time and money for absolutely no change :)
So in that case you have accomplished nothing by changing the camera from an Advanced to a PRO. Since the lightbridge hardware is in the VPS unit. So what you think you see is a a huge really is not.
Maybe the people who say it does not make a difference have a Pro and and just assuming.On mine it works and makes a differnce in both range and image quality on my screen.

So in that case you have accomplished nothing by changing the camera from an Advanced to a PRO. Since the lightbridge hardware is in the VPS unit. So what you think you see is a a huge really is not.
Maybe the people who say it does not make a difference have a Pro and and just assuming.On mine it works and makes a differnce in both range and image quality on my screen.

Maybe it is you that is assuming.......
please research this more...
Owned
P1
P2
P2 vision plus
p3a
2 p3p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics