Upgraded by PV2 - and now it is confused

Reaction score
Hi -

My PV2 has flown perfectly, from out of the box til recently, when I left it home alone while I was out of the country for a month (wishing I had it with me!). When I returned, I ensured everything was fully charged, did a pre-flight check, took it out for a morning's flight…and it kept plopping to one side (left) on take-off, even when adding a bit of power to counteract. This morning, with thanks to Pull_Up, I installed the new Mac upgrade via the Assistant (including the TX; calibrated IMU), went outside…and now it flops backwards :-(

According to the Assistant, I have the latest upgrades now. Do I need to plug the USB directly into the TX board? The Assistant showed the TX upgrade to have worked fine.

I'm very sad that my PV2 is now so confused! Ideas?

Thank-you!

In the P1, that kind of thing sometimes happens after a firmware upgrade, because the "mixer type" in the assistant gets changed to the wrong setting ("Rotor I" instead of "Rotor X") by the process. The result is usually flip-over behavior on take-off like you're seeing. I don't know if happens in the P2/P2V as well or if that's your problem, and you'll probably have to enable NAZA mode in the Assistant first, but it's probably worth checking.

mine did that once to me didnt know what to do either
i did a compass calibration and it has acted normal ever since.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl