Upgrade RC or purchase new RC

Reaction score
I have looked around and searched and haven't come across the actual question that I could find on the site. I have a P4 Pro. I have the stock controller.
I have read lots of reports of signal issues and weak signal from the stock controller. I have personally not yet had any issues, but with that being said, I would rather do something to prevent it now then find out later I could have prevented a crash by doing an upgrade or purchasing a different RC.
I currently have a GL300F stock controller. Does this controller put out decent signal strength, if not:

Should I upgrade the controller with a booster of some type

or

Change to a different controller? I have read on other posts of possibly changing to an Inspire 1 GL658A controller when people were posting about signal issues?

It seems the price will be about the same regardless of which direction I go.

I am only using this for recreation and family stuff at this time but may at a later date start using it for work depending on if they decide that they want to start using drones for certain activities. I haven't completely decided yet.
Thanks in advance and any advice, recommendations, or links to any upgrades and or remotes is greatly appreciated.

I have looked around and searched and haven't come across the actual question that I could find on the site. I have a P4 Pro. I have the stock controller.
I have read lots of reports of signal issues and weak signal from the stock controller. I have personally not yet had any issues, but with that being said, I would rather do something to prevent it now then find out later I could have prevented a crash by doing an upgrade or purchasing a different RC.
I currently have a GL300F stock controller. Does this controller put out decent signal strength, if not:

Should I upgrade the controller with a booster of some type

or

Change to a different controller? I have read on other posts of possibly changing to an Inspire 1 GL658A controller when people were posting about signal issues?

It seems the price will be about the same regardless of which direction I go.

I am only using this for recreation and family stuff at this time but may at a later date start using it for work depending on if they decide that they want to start using drones for certain activities. I haven't completely decided yet.
Thanks in advance and any advice, recommendations, or links to any upgrades and or remotes is greatly appreciated.
If you have not had any issues, why would you need to upgrade? Any commercial work will require you to stay within vlos which seldom allows more than 500m which is well within the standard range.

I recommend you stick with the stock controller until a particular need arises.

Note that return to home will save you from crashes should you loose connection (as long as it is configured properly and you are not on a boat or similar)

No no no, GL658A isn't compatible with P4P, only P4 and P3A or P. The GL300F is all you need with the P4P, it works good on 5.8Ghz auto. In the US (FCC MODE) it's good for 4 miles, although most my flights are 2 to 3 miles so I have some loiter time before returning. You must keep a clear LOS connection with NOTHING between you and the craft. When I go beyond 2 miles I always use a Windsurfer, that's a must have accessory. Avoid 2.4Ghz, it's lame, similar to the P4 on 2.4Ghz, IMO. The P4P rocks in the US. I'm sure in Europe the P4P is anemic by comparison, given the inherent weaker transmit signals, detuned to be CE complaint. However with 1.3.509 craft firmware (or older) that can be hacked to work in FCC MODE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomas Wangen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak